We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First Time Visit to Langkawi

Chennai (Madras...
11 posts
Save Topic
First Time Visit to Langkawi

i am planning to visit langkawi for the first time for 3 days in March and planning to visit the below places. Can you help me out if the below would be sufficient or missing anything? Planning to stay in Hotel Fave.

1. Island Hopping by Boat covering Pregnant Maiden,Big Lion & Wet Rice Island

2. sky bridge n cable car

3. Underwater world

4. mangrove trip -Dev's Adventures

5. Pantai cenang

6. 4 hour tour of the island covering dataran Lang etc

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Langkawi, Langkawi District
Level Contributor
9,551 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First Time Visit to Langkawi

Hi

You have just about covered everything with your itinerary and as Fave Hotel is in Pantai Cenang, you can easily walk to Underwater World but you will need transport to the other places.

Lesley

Chennai (Madras...
11 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: First Time Visit to Langkawi

thanks lesley.. do we get pure vegetarian foods in FatCupid, Privilege and La Sal? Since we have planned for island hopping is it a worth experience for snorkeling? is there a possibility that by March the sky bridge is open for public?

Edited: 04 December 2013, 16:01
Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
9,551 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First Time Visit to Langkawi

Hi

There are lots of places on the island where you can get vegetarian food but in any of the smaller restaurants you will have to stress that you are pure vegetarian.

You can try snorkelling on the island hopping trip but I doubt you will see very much. For any proper snorkelling/diving you will need to take a full day trip to Pulau Payar and you are only away for 3 days.

I do not imagine the skybridge will be open any time soon but the cable car is the better option.

Lesley

Chennai (Madras...
11 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: First Time Visit to Langkawi

Ta. that was very informative..

norfolk
Level Contributor
7,643 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First Time Visit to Langkawi

as i understand it, by 'pure veg' you are looking for Jain food. sadly, that is not so easy to find outside the 5 star hotels.

perhaps some previous travellers will be able to help. but i doubt that privilege or fat cupid provide Jain food.

Chennai (Madras...
11 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: First Time Visit to Langkawi

Guess I am not looking for a Jain food but veg food will do.. Yes to onion garlic egg.. I am ovo-lacto vegetarian :)

norfolk
Level Contributor
7,643 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: First Time Visit to Langkawi

in that case - most of the restaurants on pantai cenang will be able to serve you. just be very specific about your needs when ordering.

Chennai (Madras...
11 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: First Time Visit to Langkawi

K.. Btw is hotel fave a good place to stay? Opted this hotel taking budget in to consideration & based on few reviews.

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
9,551 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: First Time Visit to Langkawi

Hi

Fave is a fairly new hotel and quite central to lots of restaurants and shops. If you are happy with the reviews you have read then it will be ok.

Enjoy

Lesley

Chennai (Madras...
11 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: First Time Visit to Langkawi

Thanks. Can you also suggest where to shop and what can be bought? heard goods purchased are tax exempted