We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tanjung sanctuary

Essex, England
Level Contributor
244 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Tanjung sanctuary

My boyfriend and I are looking to go to Langkawi in Feb 07 for about 2 1/2 weeks. We are looking for a quiet location with a nice beach where we can go snorkelling. The Sanctuary sounds like it could fit our requirements but we have a few questions.

Is there anything nearby in the way of restaurants/bars? If not, how easy is it to get to a little more 'action' and at what sort of cost?

We have read about the Oriental village. Is there much there for food and drink and how late is it open?

Are all the bungalows detached and can anyone recommend the best ones? We have looked at the honeymoon package (as it will be my birthday while we are out there) and wondered if anyone else has experienced it and has any comments?

Finally, is 2 1/2 weeks in that location too long and if so can anyone suggest where else we could go bearing in mind what we are looking for. We could stretch the budget a little but don't want to go too over the top. Ideally we would like a romantic location away from the family resorts.

Thanks in advance for your help.

UK
Level Contributor
403 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Tanjung sanctuary

Oh no! Where did you hear that Sarah? We were planning on returning there in April 07. We'll be really disappointed if we can't. We'll probably miss out langkawi altogether if we can't stay at the Sanctuary..

Essex, England
Level Contributor
244 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Tanjung sanctuary

Hi

When I enquired about Feb 07 they said they MIGHT be renovating so it doesn't seem definite yet.

Sarah

UK
Level Contributor
403 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Tanjung sanctuary

Thanks sarah. We'll have to see how it goes nearer the time.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
163 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Tanjung sanctuary

seems weird for a hotel such as Tanjung Sanctuary not to know important dates such as "when renovation would be carried out in the premises". especially when reservations are part and parcel of hotel administration. i guess you should probably give this hotel a miss then.

15. Re: Tanjung sanctuary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2009, 04:19