We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Backpacker arriving on 29/12

Kajang, Malaysia
5 posts
Save Topic
Backpacker arriving on 29/12

Hi. I'm a solo backpacker & going to Langkawi on 29/12. gonna be arriving at maybe 9-10pm ish. So. Is accommodation gonna be easy? I mean, on that particular time? I'm on a budget & planning to stay long time there. Night life is of the essence here ;) Any suggestion would really be appreciated. Thanks

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Langkawi, Langkawi District
Level Contributor
10,368 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Backpacker arriving on 29/12

Hi

You are probably going to find it difficult to get accommodation at that time as it is peak season on the island and most places will be booked up already.

You could try looking at Rainbow Lodge, Gecko, The Cabin, Malibest or Tubotel.

Good luck with your search.

Lesley

Isle Of Wight
Destination Expert
for Isle of Wight, Sitges
Level Contributor
3,882 posts
266 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Backpacker arriving on 29/12

Arriving at that time of night,I would phone or email to book at least the first nights accommodation. As you are arriving during the Christmas/ New Year period I would think it's imperative to pre book.

Kajang, Malaysia
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Backpacker arriving on 29/12

Really? Isn't place like the dorm cannot be pre book? Cause there are places like that in Perhentian Island, where you could only walk in and no booking whatsoever. And i thought in Langkawi there are too. Is there?? Oh mannnn

Isle Of Wight
Destination Expert
for Isle of Wight, Sitges
Level Contributor
3,882 posts
266 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Backpacker arriving on 29/12

You will be arriving quite late at night and in peak season.

Rainbow Lodge has dormitory rooms as well as private rooms.

Kajang, Malaysia
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Backpacker arriving on 29/12

Oh okay. Thanks btw. I'll see what i can do. *sorry for being such a noob. As this is the first time i'm going for solo travelling :)* thanks a bunch!

Helsinki
Level Contributor
471 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Backpacker arriving on 29/12

There is next door to our hotel (Sunset Beach Resort) a backpacker hostel called Happy Hut Langkawi which was last year called the Monkey Hut. Have not been inside but it seems to be a nice and cheap place to stay. It has quite good reviews on the old name and we actually talked several times with the lucky guy who survived falling down the seven wells waterfall (read his review on TA) .

Whatever you do, don't jump the seven wells.

Kajang, Malaysia
5 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Backpacker arriving on 29/12

Hi Jeku.

Yeah. Thanks for the update. But now i've book 2 nights on THe Cottage since it is the only hostel i could find in Agoda that is suuuper cheap (RM 26/night), and near Pantai Cenang. And it also seems to have good reviews both here and on Agoda. So. I'm gonna be staying there and figure out where to stay later on when i'm there. I'm definitely gonna be checking out the places that you guys suggested.

Thanks man

8. Re: Backpacker arriving on 29/12

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 December 2014, 05:17