We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for accomodation help!

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
23,213 posts
1,652 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for accomodation help!

Hi All. I am just looking for some suggestions for accomodation in Langkawi. At short notice an opportunity has arisen to go in April during the Easter Holidays.

I am looking for some suggestions near or on the beach, a more vibrant area although I realise that Langkawi is quite laid back, a place where I can take a short walk to restaurants and bars so Im not tied down to the hotel and around the 300RM per night.

Looking forward to your suggestions.

Thanks Tommo

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur, Macau, Hong Kong
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for accomodation help!

G'day Tommo,

Nice to hear of your opportunity.

have a look at Holiday Villa, Frangipani- for a start-Pantai Tengah.

The Lanai- Pantai Tengah

favehotel-Pantai Cenang

Edited: 16 January 2014, 05:43
Kathmandu, Nepal
Destination Expert
for Nepal
Level Contributor
2,267 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for accomodation help!

Hello,

We stayed at another lodge however I saw that Bayview Hotel was also in nice place. Seaview Hotel can be another option for you, not sure about the prices!

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
23,213 posts
1,652 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for accomodation help!

Thanks for the suggestions. I have a look.

Tommo

Geraldton, Australia
Level Contributor
150 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for accomodation help!

If you are not too fussed about a pool then Tropical Resort or Sunset Beach Resort are both close to restaurants and bars. The Holiday Villa about a 10 min walk from Cenang but there are a couple of bars in the Tengah area where the HV is. The Lanai is right down the other end of Tengah so a fair hike to anywhere else. The Frangipani is also in a great spot on the Cenang end of Tengah, might be a bit more than MR300 though. Enjoy!

norfolk
Level Contributor
7,653 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for accomodation help!

check out la pari-pari. is should be just about in budget and has a small pool. there is a good restaurant on site, and a gentle stroll brings you to a much greater choice of restaurants and bars.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
23,213 posts
1,652 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for accomodation help!

Thanks Pam. Pari Pari is on budget and looks lovely but about 800 metres from beach.

I like Sunset Beach Resort also. Great location but no pool.

Tommo

norfolk
Level Contributor
7,653 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking for accomodation help!

the problem is - initial development of the island had large expensive resorts claiming beachfront positions. later, in-filling allowed back-packer budget places to spring-up, without proper planning. since the closure of beach garden, there is really nothing of a good standard, with pool, in budget and on the beach.

recent development of p.tengah has seen many quality places such as pari-pari open; these have pools but are not on the beach. i regard a pool as essential, merely because sometimes the sea-jelly situation makes sea swimming inadvisable. note: it appears moon-phase is more important than season in this respect. easter weekend is a new moon, i think, so should be ok. but sea-jelly predicting is an inexact science!

holiday villas may be in budget - you will need to look for offers, avoiding those which are for my-kad holders only. if not - federal villas is on the same site and shares facilities, though the rooms are of a lesser standard and are sadly in need of some up-dating. if you go that route, i recommend room only - there are better, cheaper, options for breakfast outside. a note about these hotels: complimentary water and tea/coffee supplies appear on check-in only and are not provided daily. there is a small shop nearby where you can stock up.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
23,213 posts
1,652 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Looking for accomodation help!

Pam Ive realised that I will need to up my budget to around 450 RM per day. Yes Ive also just realised a pool is essential as its probably like Penang where there are many jellyfish and the ocean unsuitable for swimming. No point going to langkawi and not being able to swim. And I think a close beachfront location is desireable.

Still open to suggestions. Anyone knows of any good promos feel free to share as I will be going in April which I gather is not peak season and promos may be around.

Thanks to those have assisted so far.

Tommo

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur, Macau, Hong Kong
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Looking for accomodation help!

G'day Tommo,

another one-Federal Villa- cross sharing facility with Holiday Villa.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
23,213 posts
1,652 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Looking for accomodation help!

I may have stumbled on a great option. Villa Molek. Great reviews. Pool but it is smallish and no children allowed.

Its a 3 minute walk to the beach so not beachfront and a short walk to Pantai Cenang. Does anyone know how long is the walk?

Seems to be a few restaurants close by. Ticks all the boxes.

Tommo