We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Langkawi Trip Advice

Kuala Lumpur...
4 posts
Save Topic
Langkawi Trip Advice

Hi All,

I am planning a 3 day trip to Langkawi (from March 14 - 16). I will arrive at 2:00Pm on 14th and return back on March 16th 6:00PM. I have no idea about this place. So need your advice about few things

Accommodation : I am planning to book a room in 'Sunset Beach Resort'. Is it a good one? Else please suggest some good hotels. My budget is around 200-300RM/Night.

Also its my wife's b'day on March 15th. So, I want to plan for a candle light dinner on beach, and a cake cutting at 12:00 in the midnight of March 14th. How can I get this arranged?

Activities : Please suggest some activities, for three days.

Day 1: (from 3:00PM),Day 2: Full day, Day 3: Till 4:00PM

I am interested in these activities

1. Rampant Sailing

2. Mangrove tour

3. Snorkeling

4. Cable Car

5. Visit some places like Eagle Square etc.,

Please suggest how best I can plan my trip.

Kathmandu, Nepal
Destination Expert
for Nepal
Level Contributor
2,267 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Langkawi Trip Advice

Visiting eagle square won't take long, snorkeling will take almost whole day, I doubt if you will have time for anything else. Cable car is pretty nice and takes few hours [to reach - ride and - to return] Not sure about 1 and 2.

Kuala Lumpur...
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Langkawi Trip Advice

I heard that the Cable Car is closed on March 3rd.

Can anyone let me know, if it will be open on March 14th or 15th?

Helsinki
Level Contributor
436 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Langkawi Trip Advice

It should be open on 14-15.03, weather permitting.

Here is the operation schedule for 2014:

panoramalangkawi.com/visitor-info/maintenanc…

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Langkawi, Langkawi District
Level Contributor
9,455 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Langkawi Trip Advice

Hi

Both the trip with Rampant Sailing and to do a good mangrove tour will take up most of the day. They usually go around 9.30am and return late afternoon. In your 3 day visit you will not really be able to do all the things you are planning.

Lesley

Kuala Lumpur...
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Langkawi Trip Advice

Thank you Lesley,

So what all do you think I can cover in my three days?

Can you also help on he accomodation?

Is 'Sunset Beach Resort' a good one?

Regards,

Ram.

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Langkawi, Langkawi District
Level Contributor
9,455 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Langkawi Trip Advice

Hi

Sunset Beach is a lovely little place. There is no swimming pool but it is right on the beach with lovely views of the sunset.

For the one full day you are there I would go for either a sailing trip with Rampant Sailing or a mangrove tour with Dev's Adventures. You will return by late afternoon and can relax for a while.

On your first half day you could opt to visit the cable car, which is around a 20 minute drive from your hotel and on the morning of your last half day you could take a 4 hour tour of the island by taxi. This will cost RM100 and the driver will take you to the places of interest around the island.

Lesley

7. Re: Langkawi Trip Advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 March 2015, 06:18