We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Full day itenary

London
Level Contributor
195 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Full day itenary

Hi,

I am travelling to Langkawi in April. I'll be spending the first two nights at the Berjaya Resort. I wanted your advice if this itinerary seems reasonable/doable:

First day - stay in hotel as will be tired after long flight from UK

Second day - after breakfast go on cable ride. Back to hotel for lunch. After lunch go for 2 hour mangrove tour. Back to hotel for dinner

Third day - after breakfast/before checking out, visit Oriental shopping village four a couple of hours.

By the way, I'll be checking out on a Friday so need to visit a mosque to perform Friday prayer. Does anyone know of any nice mosque that we can visit, ideally one where women can pray also.

Thanks - I realise I have lots of questions so any advice will be greatly appreciated.

norfolk
Level Contributor
7,669 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Full day itenary

hi.

your itinerary is do-able, but i have a couple of observations -

we find we are awake and ready to go at 5 a.m. for the first two days after flying from the u.k. tired, yes. but totally unable to lie in. i suggest using this time walking round the resort, or sitting on your balcony; you can see the night creatures and see and hear the 'day shift' starting.

there is very little shopping at oriental village. it is mostly beach clothes and plastic souvenirs. there is a clothing shop and duty free. so you could probably see what there is to see on your 'cable-car trip'. if you want shopping, maybe a trip into kuah town the next day would be good.

if it has been raining, take a walk to seven wells to see the waterfall. it is about twenty minutes walk, followed by a ten-minute climb, from berjaya to the bottom of the falls. a longer climb up steps takes you to the 'wells' [springs] at the top.

i have asked a muslim friend if she can help with the mosque question.

London
Level Contributor
195 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Full day itenary

Thanks. I'm actually not planning to do any serious shopping, just the usual souvenirs for relatives. It sounds like a good idea then to combine it with the cable car. That way I can leave the last morning to enjoy the facilities at the resort.

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Langkawi, Langkawi District
Level Contributor
10,365 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Full day itenary

Hi

The Berjaya organises transport to the local mosque for Friday prayers. The transport leaves about lunchtime. Enquire with the guys on the desk for more details.

Most mangrove tours go early morning at around 9.30-10.00am so unless you intend to do this tour yourselves, in which case you will miss out on a lot of information, you would be better doing this in the morning and the cable car in the afternoon.

Lesley

Muscat Governorate...
Destination Expert
for Muscat, Oman
Level Contributor
1,064 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Full day itenary

Why dont u think of renting a car and cover langkawi?! What i know its very safe to drive there and its a quite islabd. I have done that long time back (10years back) so hope someone else can confirm this.

I would recommend u to visit the 7 wells up in the mountain. Nice place full of water and u will get nice views from there.

Enjoy ur holiday.

London
Level Contributor
195 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Full day itenary

Thanks Lesley. That is great about Berjaya taking customers to the mosque. I'm flexible about switching the mangrove tour and cable car as well.

I have thought about hiring a car too but just worried we will feel stressed worrying about routes, parking etc.

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
10,365 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Full day itenary

Hi

Taxis are relatively cheap, unlike in the UK, and the prices are fixed so if you are not happy about hiring a car then don't.

Lesley

Adelaide
Level Contributor
1,193 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Full day itenary

If prices are fixed, how do know what an appropriate fare would be, or are the taxi drivers honest?

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
10,365 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Full day itenary

Hi

I have never met a dishonest taxi driver in all the times I have visited Langkawi. Most of the hotels have a taxi fare list in their reception showing the prices charged from A to B. Same thing applies at the airport where there is a desk to book your taxi.

Lesley

Adelaide
Level Contributor
1,193 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Full day itenary

Great to see, no worries getting from one place to another. Thanks for the info.

norfolk
Level Contributor
7,669 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Full day itenary

my friend has replied. the nearest mosque is at telaga harbour, but she says it is little-used and you may be alone. she recommends a pretty mosque:

"there is one CLEAN, beautiful one in Temonyong. From Meritus Pelangi (direction from Cenang), take a right turn at the T-junction near Mega Watersports office, drive straight on until you reach the T-junction at the end of the road. Take a right, about 50m, you can see the mosque on your right. That's the cleanest I have seen so far in Langkawi"

any taxi-driver should know where this is.

i am not sure, but i think dev's adventure tours do run afternoon mangrove trips, but they have a minimum of 4 guests required. i suggest you e-mail them. i think they might offer a shorter trip, without the lunch stop, but i am not sure if that is still the case.

as a guide to taxi prices, try this:

langkawi-online.com/pages/…taxi_fare.php

Get answers to your questions about Langkawi