We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

diving?

Queensland...
Level Contributor
125 posts
1 review
Save Topic
diving?

Does anyone know of any info regarding the diving course you can supposedly do at the holiday villa resort?

Would love to hear from anyone who has done course there.

Walsdream

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur, Macau, Hong Kong
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: diving?

Hi walsdream, I did not do the diving course at Holiday Villa Resort; but as a diver, may I enquire, how many days you have in Langkawi, and have you done any diving before, if you are a beginner to diving, you need at least 2-3 days.

Below is :-

PADI continue education chart :-

Discover Scuba Diving

PADI Scuba Diver

Specialties

PADI Open Water Diver

Adventure Diver

Specialties

Advanced Open Water

EFR

Rescue Diver

Go Pro!

Master Scuba Diver

Check out the credentials of the dive master. I am only aware, that the one in Holiday Villa is a diving clinic, run by a PADI instructor, but whether you will obtain your PADI training crew pack etc, am not sure.

Only two noteable PADI centres in Langkawi, recognised by PADI, are East Marine (S-6264) and Pro -Dive (S-2954).

Queensland...
Level Contributor
125 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: diving?

Thanks mKiaratravel

We will be in Langkawi for 5nights so will look around for something suitable.

Have snorkelled many times but never dived with a tank.

Walsdream

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur, Macau, Hong Kong
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: diving?

Hi, I see, and also deadweights round your waist; frankly, when one starts diving, it is very exhilirating, going to several dive sites,a round the world, but candidly after a while, going around with a tank, and those equipments, it get a bit cumbersome.

Anyway, I am very assured you will enjoy the rich marine life below the ocean depth, and coming close to barracuda and the likes.

East marine is at Langkawi Yacht Club, whereas Pro -Dive is at pantai Cenang.

4. Re: diving?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2009, 17:20