We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

dont have passport..

Kuala Lumpur...
1 post
Save Topic
dont have passport..

i dont have my passport t this momment.. and i have plan to go langkawi in next 2weeks im here currently in kl..do i have any problem encounter with that please answer me.

Nice, France
Level Contributor
3,024 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: dont have passport..

If you are going by a flight you need a passport for checkin.

However, you can go by bus or train and then ferry without a passport.

Langkawi, Malaysia
Destination Expert
for Langkawi
Level Contributor
7,285 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: dont have passport..

Dear John,

are you Malaysian? Then no passport needed - your IC is enough! Also for the airplane.

Eva

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
449 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: dont have passport..

My wife and I are Malaysians. We booked our flight and hotel to Langkawi thru expedia.com.my and I key in our passport numbers instead of MyKad numbers when booking online. Now do we still have to bring our passports along for flight boarding and hotel check in?

Mentioned in this post
Langkawi
Langkawi
Langkawi District, Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: dont have passport..

Hi,

maybe check with expedia.com.my if you could alter the passport numbers to your MyKad number-so save you bringing your passport as form of identification.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
1,517 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: dont have passport..

Since both of you are Malaysians, you don't need passports for both hotel check in (they really don't care if you've keyed in your passport no. or not just use your ICs) and the flight (just make sure your name on your ICs are the same as those shown on your tickets, that is more important).

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
588 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: dont have passport..

Scenario 1) If you are Malaysian - No passport needed for flight or hotel.

2) If you are NOT Malaysian - Needed for flight, but not via bus/ferry. Your hotel may ask while booking if u r not Malaysian.

7. Re: dont have passport..

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 May 2015, 05:16