We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling from langkawi to Singapore and how do I change te

Derby
Level Contributor
21 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Travelling from langkawi to Singapore and how do I change te

We are flying back to the UK from langkawi and change at Singapore but understand we have to change terminals - is this easy to do and well signposted as I am a bit nervous about what I'm doing. We are flying with Singapore airlines. Thank you! X

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur, Macau, Hong Kong
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelling from langkawi to Singapore and how do I change te

Hi DerbyRah,

could you please advise your flight from Langkawi(LGK) is with which airline?

But as you mentioned that you are flying with Singapore Airlines, then from LGK, SilkAir flys into SIN from LGK..and your luggage are tagged to UK(LHR).

If SilkAir,it will arrive into SIN -Changi airport at T2,and you just need to proceed to transfer lounge E/F also in T2,if you have not obtained boarding pass for SIN to UK(LHR).

If you already have boarding pass for your connecting Flight (given together when checking in at LGK, then when you arrive at Changi, check your flight number at the Flight Information Displays for the departure gate and time and proceed to the terminal/gate where your next flight will depart.

And by the way, check also if you can redeem your Changi Dollar Voucher (CDV)..that is worth SGD20 which you can use at all retail, food and service outlets (some exclusions) located at the transit and public areas or one-time access to Ambassador Lounge at Terminals 2 and 3 for up to two hours per SGD20 CDV. Lounge usage includes showers with basic toiletries, light refreshments, free flow international reading materials, as well as complimentary Wi-Fi.

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur, Macau, Hong Kong
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelling from langkawi to Singapore and how do I change te

Sorry, wanted to add this also..as you are flying to UK, then your SQ flight will be at T3,and from T2(assuming you are flying on SilkAir to SIN from LGK), no worries, you can use the Skytrain or inter-terminal travellators within the transit areas to move between terminals.

Changi airport makes moving around and transiting stress free and well sign posted.

Edited: 17 July 2014, 04:38
3. Re: Travelling from langkawi to Singapore and how do I change te

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 July 2015, 07:16