We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Non Peak time to visit

Moora, Australia
1 post
Save Topic
Best Non Peak time to visit

Looking at sending our semi-retired parents on a 1week holiday to Langkawi. Potentially between September & November. Can anyone tell me what to expect as far as weather conditions are concerned? Is the humidity unbearable? Travelling from Western Australia so high temperatures are not an issue but would like an idea of what to expect regarding the humidity.

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Langkawi, Langkawi District
Level Contributor
11,289 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Non Peak time to visit

At that time you can expect a certain amount of rain as it is the rainy season and the humidity will be quite high. I never find the humidity unbearable at that time of year though.

Level Contributor
95 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Non Peak time to visit

Hi ,

yes you can visit at anytime . Weather is fine just some days will be hot.

Langkawi, Malaysia
Destination Expert
for Langkawi
Level Contributor
7,208 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Non Peak time to visit

Dear Nikki,

it looks like this year is very dry. The months you have listed are all low season as the peak season only starts around end of Nov.

Actually the humidity can still torcher me but I am working outside but your parents can escape as they can stay in the aircon. room or on the beach in a hammock during the hottest time - gosh, how nice!

However, if it rains it comes strong and heavy as we are in the tropics. Can be quite impressive. The air after such as downpour is great and it cools the island. Sunsets can be great afterwards.

4. Re: Best Non Peak time to visit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 July 2015, 05:16