We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car rental in Langkawi

Islamabad Capital...
2 posts
Save Topic
Car rental in Langkawi

Need to rent a cheap reliable car in Langkawi from the 12th of Aug to 15th of Aug. Where should i rent it....online or at the airport or at the hotel (I am staying at the Berjaya resort).

Nice, France
Level Contributor
2,651 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car rental in Langkawi

At the airport.

Level Contributor
34 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car rental in Langkawi

We are at berjaya at the moment - car rental is expensive. Online is too - I'd recommend getting one at the airport. We got a small car for less than 60rm per day. There are about 6 or 7 stands in the airport arrival hall.

Islamabad Capital...
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Car rental in Langkawi

Thanks. I am also booked at the Berjaya, the rain forest chalet, how is your stay there?

Level Contributor
34 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car rental in Langkawi

We are on our fourth night of a five night stay and it's all been great - no complaints at all! I'll write a review when I'm home but if you would like to know anything specific just let me know :-)

Kuala Lumpur...
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Car rental in Langkawi

hey Murad1968,

Car rentals in Langkawi are generally expensive! the cheapest would either be in the airport or you can search online for other car rentals in the town. Although motorbike riding in langkawi may be dangerous, it is the true way to experience the enviroment there. It is cheaper as well. Most companies rent out 120-150cc scooters

Cole

Taipei, Taiwan
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Car rental in Langkawi

HI,

If you want cheap you could try (if I remember correctly) T Rentals, they rent out cars starting from $45 RM for 5 hours. Then there's also HMI Water Sports next to the Langgura Baron Resort, I rented a car from them at $45 a day (must admit the only thing was that the petrol gauge was working, but everything else fine).

Jakarta, Indonesia
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Car rental in Langkawi

Whatever you do, DONT rent from TERIBLANG CAR RENTAL when you arrive in Langkawi. They have their counter at the airport, and I rented a small manual car (Myvi I think) for 80 MR/day. But while the car was not old, it was badly maintained (first gear got stuck at times). Then, when I had to return the car, I called them from the hotel and reminded them that I will be at the airport for car drop off in an hour. But when I reached the airport, there was nobody there and their counter was closed. I called again, and they said they were still on their way. I waited for almost half an hour, and had to leave the car keys with the airport security as I was getting late for my flight. Of course, I never got my deposit back.

So whatever you do, DONT rent from TERIBLANG CAR RENTAL when you arrive in Langkawi.

8. Re: Car rental in Langkawi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 June 2016, 07:17