We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

E-ticketing

Dhaka Division...
Level Contributor
20 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
E-ticketing

My Travel Agent has confirmed my ticket (Malaysia Airlines) via Galilio Reservation System and given me the print out of e-ticket. Now do i need to collect any original tickets from Airport/Malaysia Airlines booth ? Or this e-ticket will do the job.

SAM

Penang Island...
Destination Expert
for Penang, Penang Island, George Town, Tanjung Bungah, Batu Ferringhi
Level Contributor
8,621 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: E-ticketing

When you go to check in for your flight, the check-in desk will ask for your passport. All information is stored on the airlines system against your passport number , which your travel agent should have noted, so the desk don't need to see anything else. The check-in desk will then give you your boarding cards for your flight. So in theory you don't need your e-ticket but you should take it with you just for confirmation.

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,114 posts
333 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: E-ticketing

Hi

You don't need paper tickets anymore!

Agree with PSS. You just need your passport nowadays. I do print down my etickets for my own personal records

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Langkawi, Langkawi District
Level Contributor
9,543 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: E-ticketing

Hi

Yep I print my tickets out also....

Lesley

norfolk
Level Contributor
7,643 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: E-ticketing

yes - we print out too. you might find you can check-in online too, then you just drop your bags and get your passport checked at the airport. go into 'manage my booking' on the airlines website - online check-in opens 48 hours before departure time.

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
354 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: E-ticketing

If you have a booking reference you could try it on the Malaysia Airlines website (Should be a "Manage" link) and use that with your last name to check your booking.

If it doesn't work don't stress, the printed e-itinery and your passport will contain enough detail for the people at the gate to get you on.

I had this experience a couple of years ago booking through wotflight.com - absolutely NOTHING from them except an e-mail saying "thanks for handing us $1200 for a couple of tickets on this date". It only had the airline names on it and the departure times and that was it!

Booked last week with a different online-agent and got a detailed e-mail/e-intinery PLUS the Malaysia Air lines Booking reference number that can be opened and viewed on malaysiaairlines.com ... A much much more reassuring experience.

Dhaka Division...
Level Contributor
20 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: E-ticketing

Thanks All for sharing your experiences. :-)

7. Re: E-ticketing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2015, 05:17