We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling to CH during long weekend ... bad idea?

Level Contributor
17 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Traveling to CH during long weekend ... bad idea?

Hello

I'm planning a trip to Malaysia in Februray including 3D/2N in CH and the most suitable spot in my plan for CH is on Fri Feb 26/ Sat Feb 27.

However I've just come to realize that Friday Feb 26 is a public holiday... and the start of a long weekend

SO how bad an idea is it to travel to CH at that time, considering that I'm planning on taking a coach from KL?

I can make the trip 1 day in advance, i.e. traveling to CH on Thursday 25 morning , staying Thu and Fri night and back to KL on Saturday afternoon.

How bad an idea is that?

Would it be too crowded to enjoy the place?

Would any tourist attractions be closed?

And how much in advance can I book tickets for the coach ( I will be in KL Feb 13) ?

Please advise!

Thanks in advance!

Petaling Jaya...
Level Contributor
787 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Traveling to CH during long weekend ... bad idea?

Hi maynoon

If you could change the date of your travel to CH to a weekday instead of a long weekend, it will be better as CH can be very crowded during weekends and public holidays.

It is also easier to book accomodations on a weekday and it's cheaper too.

Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
41 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Traveling to CH during long weekend ... bad idea?

I'm afraid the traffic would be horrendous during long holidays in CH due to the small roads plying throughout CH.. I was there on a long weekend (Friday was off), to get from one attraction to another took me a very very long time - much worse than the traffic in KL during peak hours!!

I'd suggest you change the dates.. and furthermore the accommodation would be full by now, even if you could get any (like apartments) the prices would be hiked up soo much...

Level Contributor
17 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Traveling to CH during long weekend ... bad idea?

Just came back from CH.. it wasn't so bad .. only this morning on our way down from Boh Sungai Palas did we encounter a bad traffic jam, and it was very crowded at BOH

Otherwise it was very enjoyable

I hope to visit again soon

Thanks for your help

4. Re: Traveling to CH during long weekend ... bad idea?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2010, 06:18