We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Cameron very jam and busy these few days?

Penang, Pulau...
1 post
Save Topic
Is Cameron very jam and busy these few days?

Would like to know the situation at Cameron now? fully packed and jam or not?

KL
Level Contributor
1,593 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is Cameron very jam and busy these few days?

Yes, as usual school holidays its congested. Hotel are fully booked too.

malaysia
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Is Cameron very jam and busy these few days?

...........Wkdays is still ok but not on wkends. What i knw is this few days people are caught in jams for hrs

Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
223 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Is Cameron very jam and busy these few days?

Definitely jam on Week ends. Try weekdays if possible. Last time we (me & family) went during Public Holiday was terrible. From Tanah Rata to Brinchang was 45 mins (normally less the 10mins).

Brinchang's one way traffic doesn't seems to help at all. The only tips i can give is use Taman Setia. It helps a bit to 'cut the q'.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is Cameron very jam and busy these few days?

Was up there from 30/11/12-2/12/12. Took the new road from Simpang Pulai. Traffic jam started 2 miles from Brinchang and it was crawling all the way to just outside Tanah Rata. Stayed at the Heritage Hotel in TR. Not a good hotel, find somewhere else. Traffic to Ringlet and back is OK.

The traffic problem is centered around Brinchang where all the "touristy" places are. Aggravated by the number of roadside stalls all aong the way without suitable parking areas. Traffic cops are useless and were actually making things worst by standing in the middle of the road like a plank.

Unless you want to spend all your time between TR and Ringlet, have a serious think before setting out on your sojourn. All the touristy stops in Brinchang are not worth stopping for, in my opinion.

malaysia
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Is Cameron very jam and busy these few days?

So.............So............. Loh.

Petaling Jaya...
Destination Expert
for Malaysia
Level Contributor
6,881 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is Cameron very jam and busy these few days?

The local authorities in Cameron Highlands are totally clueless and have no idea what they are doing.

Whoever had the smart idea to locate the pasar malam (night market) off the only road that connects Brinchang deserves to be shot. Because of the pasar malam, people park haphazardly along the main road and traffic backlogs both ways to Tanah Rata and Kea Farm.

The same thing happens at Kea Farm, where the logical thing would be to relocate both these places away from the main and only arterial road.

Every year, more and more of the rainforest is cleared to create more and more of the ugly farms which are basically shacks made up off corrugated tin and ugly sheds with canvas roofs. All this is done without any land approvals or building plans and yet the authorities seem powerless to do anything or any enforcement.

Besides the main road, more and more of the same stalls and centres selling cheap souvenirs and tourist tat spring up. One wonders who really buys all this stuff.

To me, the only reason to visit CH are the tea plantations, and to go trekking in the jungle. If I wanted traffic jams, I would just stay in KL - why drive 3 hours to go somewhere to experience jams.

OK rant over, just wanted to get if off my chest after visiting CH yesterday and getting stuck in the Brinchang and Kea Farm traffic for 45 minutes.

South Hampton
Level Contributor
60 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is Cameron very jam and busy these few days?

Not my ideal place to drive. Roads are very windy and some drivers insist on speeding ahead to get in front of the line of cars even when there is a blind spot in view! There is no need to speed off the main road to get into the 50 minute drive to first village because you are bound to run into a traffic jam and be stuck anyways.

In my opinion, it is best to hire a driver or take a tour bus to see the attractions. You will miss the lovely scenery if you drive on the roads because you can't take your eyes off the road even for a quick glimpse!

8. Re: Is Cameron very jam and busy these few days?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 December 2013, 05:15