We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

kuantan food!

London, United...
Level Contributor
571 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
kuantan food!

We will be driving across from KL to Kuantan next Tuesday and will be arriving early evening, I guess. We are actually staying at Duta Resort in Balok beach - I just wondered, should we eat in Kuantan before travelling on to Balok? I think I'm being a bit dim but I cant seem to work out what is at Balok Beach - is it a town and are there places to eat? We would rather eat local food than at an expensive hotel. And we have an 8 year old in tow. Thanks!

Petaling Jaya...
Level Contributor
790 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: kuantan food!

Balok beach is about 15 kilometers north of Kuantan. I stayed in Swiss Garden along Balok Beach before. Balok Beach is more like a village than a town. However along the way from Kuantan to Balok Beach, you can find a few seafood restaurants - both Chinese and Malay style cooking.

Malaysia
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: kuantan food!

there are many sinple eating places around Balok and Beserah, you will hv choices. If you cannot find anything palatable, just take that short drive to Kuantan town. It is only 15km away, on a good road.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,316 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: kuantan food!

Like the first replier, we stayed at Swiss Resort and went out to local places for meals. There were many roadside restaraunts and Kuantan is not that far if you need to go into town?

I suppose it depends on how late int he evening, its a quiet place.

4. Re: kuantan food!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2009, 22:18