We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help Please - our air asia flight cancelled

Which Kuantan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Perth
Level Contributor
150 posts
Save Topic
Help Please - our air asia flight cancelled

We are travelling from KL - Kuantan with 2 young children in a couple of weeks to Club Med and have just received an SMS from Air Asia to say the flight we booked almost 8 months ago is now cancelled :(

Whats the best way to get to Kuantan from KL?

Is it only Malaysian Airlines that fly there?

Any help would be appreciated. Starting to panic a little bit as our itinery was all sorted.

Island of Hawaii...
Level Contributor
7,943 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help Please - our air asia flight cancelled

Malaysian Airlines is your only other choice if you want to fly. It's about $130 R/T. You can also drive, about 3 hours, or take a bus.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help Please - our air asia flight cancelled

In trying to assist you I am also assisting myself

IF you are flying out of Kuala Lumpur ie NOT the KL International airport, then the Subang airport - which is closer to KL has an option

Try this website

http://www.fireflyz.com.my/

I just checked & they fly to kuantan

I prefer subang as it is Much closer to KL & taxis are less costly too

Perth
Level Contributor
150 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Help Please - our air asia flight cancelled

Yes thats exactly what we did. We flew fireflys and they were fine and yes Sebang was cheaper to get to by taxi. We got back about a month ago now.

4. Re: Help Please - our air asia flight cancelled

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 November 2009, 05:32
Get answers to your questions about Kuantan