We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Club Med Bintan or Cherating Malaysia?????

australia
Level Contributor
126 posts
Save Topic
Club Med Bintan or Cherating Malaysia?????

Trying to decide between Club Med Bintan or Cherating Malaysia

Has anyone been to both? And if so can you give me a comparison?

Planning to go in Sept

Thanks so much

Mentioned in this post
Bintan Island
Bintan Island
Bintan Regency, Indonesia
Cherating
Cherating
Kuantan District, Malaysia
Hamilton, New...
Level Contributor
31 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Club Med Bintan or Cherating Malaysia?????

Hi there, I may not be of much help but wanted to give you some feedback. We have been to Club Med Phuket 4 times and Cherating once. Sorry, can't comment on Bintan tho. We love the location of Phuket, great beach and lots straight outside the resort to see and do. The Thai people are wonderful. BUT, we will not return as on past 3 trips we have all picked up a stomach bug and we have only eaten at the resort. Plus we are real careful with hygiene and not using any local water. It seems to be a big problem at Club Med Phuket as lots of other guests were sick and I see a lot of reviews saying same thing. We did not get sick some years ago at Cherating but we did not enjoy the resort as much. Quite isolated and when we were there it was overrun by monkeys - some of whom were quite aggressive at eating times and when walking to and from your room. It made eating outside quite unpleasant, as they hung over eves watching your every move and if you looked away they would snavel your food. I guess the monkeys have the right to be there as the resort is built on the edge of the jungle. However our youngest was bailed up by an aggressive male when walking to tea one evening and was petrified from then onwards. Also the beach was full of stinging jellyfish. Club Med Cherating is located on a beautiful beach.

These factors may not bother you at all. But thought I'd pass on our experiences. We love the Club Med concept as our kids enjoy the Kids Club activities and we find the all inclusive system works well. However, last year we just found it lacking across a number of areas that affected how we would rate it for experience and value.

Good luck with your choice and trip.

Mentioned in this post
Cherating
Cherating
Kuantan District, Malaysia
Bintan Island
Bintan Island
Bintan Regency, Indonesia
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
2. Re: Club Med Bintan or Cherating Malaysia?????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 August 2014, 07:19