We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Query on Gua tempurung

Kochi (Cochin...
Level Contributor
335 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Query on Gua tempurung

Hi,

I am planning to visit Ipoh for a weekend, and my main point of interest is caving. I would like to do the 4th tour (the longest one + wet).

However, I am still not sure how to reach the caves. I prefer public transportation, but I am not sure if it is available to the caves.

Can anyone guide me on how ti reach there (budget traveler)

Thank you in advance.

Also, is it possible that I could cover Gua tempurung before afternoon, and by evening visit the other cave temples?

Petaling Jaya...
Destination Expert
for Malaysia
Level Contributor
7,876 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Query on Gua tempurung

There is no public transportation to Gua Tempurung.

Johor Bahru...
Level Contributor
1,107 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Query on Gua tempurung

The Ipoh or Gopeng bus to Kampar can drop you off by the roadside and then you walk about 2km along village road to Gua Tempurung entrance.

The longest package takes about 3 and half hours and begins earliest after 9am but needs minimum 8 persons or else you have to negotiate something. Enough time to see the other cave temples late afternoon onwards.

Kochi (Cochin...
Level Contributor
335 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Query on Gua tempurung

ohh, ok. thank you so much...

do we get bikes (motorbikes/scooters) for rent in Ipoh?

4. Re: Query on Gua tempurung

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2013, 10:15