We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Food proces at Pangkor laut

Which Pangkor hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
london
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Food proces at Pangkor laut

Hi all,

I've have been reading through the reviews for the Pangkor Laut and everything sounds lovely however there are mixed reviews on the food prices.

Can anyone give me a rough idea on food prices or how much we should expect to spend?

The hotel have offered USD155nett per person per day which includes breakfast, 3-course lunch and dinner. This sound expensive - especially as we're not massive eaters and would not normally have 3 courses for lunch!

We'll prob have breakfast (does anyone know the set price for this?) a light lunch and dinner. Any suggestion on what we should plan to spend on for each?

Thank you in advance!

Paris, France
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Food proces at Pangkor laut

Hello suley, have you tried reading through the reviews? the reviewers who were there mentioned recently on their reviews:

"Food: cheapest a la carte meal in any restaurant was £100 per person WITHOUT any drinks...Other meals in the restaurants were good, but not worth what they were charging. The lobster dinner on the beach was very nice, but again a little over the top at £130 per person, (again that's the price for just the food any water/alcohol is extra)""

and another reviewer paid RM 185 or US 55 for a steak alone and RM 92 or US28 for breakfast. You might want to contact those reviewers for more information:

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g298300-d302977…

Sorry I can't help much, haven't been there in years and last time I went I took a special "malaysian residents" priced package with meal plans included and that wasn't too expensive. But I think US 155 for three meals for 2 persons are quite OK, except that I believe alcoholic drinks are excluded from the charges and alcohol is very very expensive a the resort.

Gothenburg
Level Contributor
47 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Food proces at Pangkor laut

Me and my lovely GF is going to PL in November with much the same questions as you.

While the $157 meal plan is an okayish price for its size it is however quite oversized in my mind. Buffet Breakfast + 3-course lunch + 3-course dinner, where will I find the energy to do anything but recuperating after meals?

london
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Food proces at Pangkor laut

hmm we'd like to know the same. we're going early january and not sure about the meal plan as breakfast, 3 courses for lunch and dinner seems excessive!

We're wondering if we should just book breakfast and then pay for light lunch and then dinner.

Have you been yet? how did you find the prices?

thanks

Adelle

London, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Food proces at Pangkor laut

Hi Global Traveller2000,

On another thread, you said:

"A decent 3 course meal for two, without alcohol, estimate about RM 150-200++. Buffet breakfast was RM 80 per person. Best get a full-board package if possible"

How in the world can a full-board package at RM500 per person (that's RM1000 for a couple) per day can be cheaper than each 3 courses meals for 2 at RM200?

Any way you look at it, meal plan or pay as you go, these prices are ridiculously extortionate.

I think I will bring an empty suitcase to Lumut and fill it with instant noodles, groceries and booze worth a week before embarking the ferry to PLR, so I can enjoy my 5K room-only holiday (not including flights or transfers) without going bankrupt, for F sake.

I already don't want to go there anymore after reading all these posts about the price of food in Pangkor Laut, but I cannot cancel so I will definitely go for the noodles-suitcase option...

London, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Food proces at Pangkor laut

Ha ha ha, you make me laugh!

I had the same problem, had booked the room before i realised how expensive the food was going to be!

But still, go for the mealplan and try to forget about it as the place is just awsome!

But i felt just like you when i saw the rates for the food!

Oh, an other thing is that you should try and book the best tables for diner!

Enjoy!!!

London, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Food proces at Pangkor laut

Hi all,

Been there etc. We ended up chosing the pay as you go option.

We paid about £1,000 extra for food and booze over seven nights without starving or sobering like camels, so not too bad actually.

Seven nights is a bit long however, the resort is great but I would recommend no more than 5 nights, beyond that can rapidly get boring especially when you don't see any monkey, lizard or just human beings around.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Food proces at Pangkor laut

£1000 for 7 days is what i'm expecting - was that based on 3 courses at dinner? Also anyone know rough price of a bottle of beer. wine? Going in June and sounds like need to save quite a bit more for food!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Food proces at Pangkor laut

Hi all,

I am going to PLR in October with my husband. The resort staff have told us that it is best to pre-pay for meal plans as it will be tax free. Has anyone else ever prepaid for meals?

Also, I cannot decide on a meal plan as I am always getting different staff offering different meal plans for different prices.

Does anyone know if there is one spot to find the prices for activities and meals (if we plan of pre-paying)?

Thanks

Ruba

9. Re: Food proces at Pangkor laut

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 13:17