We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

yum yum cakes and brill service

Which Pangkor hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pangkor
Level Contributor
2,858 posts
79 reviews
Save Topic
yum yum cakes and brill service

hiya i just thought i must tell visitors to a lovely little shop i found on pangkor island

just went into pangkor town to do some shopping and happenend to walk past this little shop, its a cafe and bakery and as i looked throught the window inside a spotted a bank of fridges with the most delious range of cakes of all shape and sizes..ijust HAD to go in and have a look and whilst i was looking at which cake to have the manager of the shop came over and started chatting to me about where i was from and what have you , when i looked over his shoulder and saw a lady packing boxes with all different cakes and cookies in a lovely colourful box, so i went over and asked her what she was doing but alas she didnt understand what i was asking so the manager explained the boxes of cakes wer for a baby being born, and what the different cakes wer for, which i found very interesting, apparently the family of the baby born give the boxes to friends and family after the birth which i found lovely,

after i had a look round i sat and had the amazing banana chocolate cake, but that was after having a lovely creamy coffee, the cakes are very similar to secret recipe cakes, the shop is lovely and cool , and is located on no 15 jalan besar, which is the road which has a canopy over it and is on the left i think its called "island one " cafe ??

so you must visit if you love your cakes like i do

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,950 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: yum yum cakes and brill service

HI Maggie.

How many times did you visit this place?????

Did you waddle out of there? Lol.

Danuta.

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Malaysia
Level Contributor
2,030 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: yum yum cakes and brill service

Maggie, the tradition you mention here is for the Chinese. Its called "Full Moon". Its when the new born child got to be 1 month old.

In the olden days, people give out "red" eggs.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pangkor
Level Contributor
2,858 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: yum yum cakes and brill service

hiya danuta i visited it 3 times ...for collecting information for trip advisor you understand!!

lisa sab and me ate exactly the same cake on penang the only difference is this one is a lot cheaper for same cakes!!

hiya MK how u duin yep thats it full moon it was amazing watching her make the boxes up mite see you in k.l in end of sept begining of october

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Malaysia
Level Contributor
2,030 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: yum yum cakes and brill service

Maggie, You have my number...let me know when you are in town.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pangkor
Level Contributor
2,858 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: yum yum cakes and brill service

will do MK X

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,950 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: yum yum cakes and brill service

Yes agree Maggie. Very important to do your research very thoroughly.

Ive heard that from L&S on some of their jaunts, that they are doing research for TA.

Love it, any excuse will do.

Danuta.

Pangkor, Malaysia
Level Contributor
6 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: yum yum cakes and brill service

thanks maggie, for your information i've open a new restaurant in coral bay, teluk nipah, pangkor. we serve fresh local sea food in local way of cooking and we have the most wide range of beer selection in pangkor. besides that we have a very good location just next to the beach and you can view the most beautiful sunset. cheers...............

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pangkor
Level Contributor
2,858 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: yum yum cakes and brill service

hiya no problems got to give credit where credit is due !!

cant wait to come back to pangkor late september and see the new place is it near the coral bay hotel ? ,where abouts is the new cafe?? does it sell the cakes!!!!

Pangkor, Malaysia
Level Contributor
6 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: yum yum cakes and brill service

yes it was located at coral bay, next to daddy cafe. see you in september. we serve cake as well.

Edited: 15 June 2011, 14:29
Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pangkor
Level Contributor
2,858 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: yum yum cakes and brill service

have you taken over the shack next door to daddys is it the lizard ?or somthing like that?