We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tune Hotel

India
Level Contributor
54 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Tune Hotel

How is the tune hotel by way of convenience to shopping malls and basic sight seeing. Family with kids and grandparents!!

Conwy, United...
Destination Expert
for Penang Island, Sarawak, George Town
Level Contributor
4,576 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tune Hotel

Located on Burmah Road it is quite central.

10 - 15 minutes walk to KOMTAR

8 minutes walk to Penang Road

5 minutes walk to New World (food & shops)

10 minutes walk to Red Garden hawker center (food)

5 minutes walk to Jalan Nagor (food area)

15 minutes walk to Little India

15 minutes walk to Fort Cornwallis

It's a good location.

Conwy, United...
Destination Expert
for Penang Island, Sarawak, George Town
Level Contributor
4,576 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tune Hotel

sorry - New World is only a couple of minutes as it's next door

India
Level Contributor
54 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tune Hotel

How,s the hotel itself ? Amenities, cleanliness, safety, staff etc. Any idea !!

Thanx.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pangkor
Level Contributor
2,858 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tune Hotel

hiya rex how u duin? well iv stayed at tune hotels before and im staying at penang tune in feb for 10 days again as i founf tune gotel to be excelent to stay at , the last was at LCCT ,(airport) and found it just what i needed it was immaculate clean, i had a double room for myself what was just enough room for me i wouldnt of liked to have another person in the room as the are very compact, (small)

the bed sheets wer snow white , as was the shower , iv not stayed at penang tune before but if its the same as the other ones iv cracked it,

there loads to do around tune.and plenty places to eat like esor said tune is very central for most things

Indonesia
Level Contributor
220 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tune Hotel

maggie u don't say feb for 10 days :), i will be there also in the middle of feb but only for 2 nights. Can't wait to dig in to kway teow :)

10-15 mins to komtar, there is a shopping mall near komtar, prangin mall, u know the one with vision first, not your most shiny of shopping places, but good selection of stuffs :)

The tune in penang by far is the cleanest of the tune i've stayed so far (i done in central KL and LCCT airport KL)

Amenities..... No swimming pool, no nothing, you gotta pay for aircon and towels :) But at the prices they're offering, can't complain :)

It's quite central and I think almost all rapid penang bus goes to komtar, so reaching other places in penang is a breeze :)

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pangkor
Level Contributor
2,858 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tune Hotel

hiya aries how u duin il be at the tune penang from 6th feb to the 16th feb when will you be there? just out of intrest where in indonesia are you from?

Edited: 08 October 2010, 16:49
Indonesia
Level Contributor
220 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tune Hotel

I'm from a little town called surabaya :)

I'll be there from the 15th to the 17th, so it looks like we will cross path maggie :)

My tummy a rumbling when thinking about penang, can't wait, see my profile pics, something I miss dearly from penang, it's from the hawker behind the new world, and it's damn cheap too, 3RM/plate last time I'm there :)

I will be back in penang will my extended family in may because they just opened a new route from surabaya to penang :) But in may i will be towing 11 people with me, and we're staying in tune again, but we might be renting a van to get around the island. Fortunately of those 11 people only 2 are shoppaholics and loooking for malls. When are you going rex?

@rex, Amenities - VERRRY Basic, just a clean comfortable bed and a shower. No pools, no bar, no nothing else :)

Safety - I felt safe when I roam around by foot up till 9 pm, just steer clear of dark alleyways and you'll be OK I think :)

Staff - quick, efficient, friendly, just like most other hotel staff.

BTW, last time I'm there, their lobby is not the ground floor, you got to take the elevator to the second floor, and if you take a taxi from the airport, if the driver didn't know tune hotel. just say you're going to new world park on jalan burmah near komtar. Or you can ask for a pickup from their captrans for a fee, the contact is on their website :)

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
16,754 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tune Hotel

I stayed there when it was just less than a month old. The location is central as what esorlegin stated, the room where I stayed was very clean. My only complaint is the room is small, but for the price I paid it is justifiable.

Have you read the reviews of this hotel here in TA?

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g298303-d123110…

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pangkor
Level Contributor
2,858 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tune Hotel

hiya ies how u duin? well when im there at tune in penang lise and sabrina will also be in penang they are also destination experts for T/A.

so if you want we could also meet up and have a chat and a drink with you.

before i leave to go to pangkor island and lise and sabrina go to batu ferringhi,

Edited: 09 October 2010, 21:20
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
584 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Tune Hotel

I just booked for 5 nights in March and was worried I had done something wrong! I booked 3 rooms for a total of 500myr that’s $163Aud! I actually kept checking to make sure is was ok! I was convinced I had done something wrong!

We are all food lovers so Penang seems like it’s the place for us to have some yummy food!