We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Simple Bus route - KL to Penang.

Sharjah, United...
Level Contributor
92 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Simple Bus route - KL to Penang.

Hello people.

I will be at Bukit Bintang in KL..

A) I need to know nearest stop from where I can get the bus for penang

B) How much will it cost approximate

C) where will it leave me in Penang and how much a taxi charge from that point in Penang to Georetown (Nazza Talya Hotel)

D) I am thinking of taking late checkout from KL hotel...taking a night bus to penang.....getting early check in the next morning in Penang... hence saving one night hotel cost..(spending it in the bus lol.. Is this idea implementable? :)

Will thankfully take advices.. Regards

Fareed

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
35,959 posts
333 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Simple Bus route - KL to Penang.

Hi

You might find this link useful for seeing the options, the start points, the prices and the costs. http://www.journeymalaysia.com/ptapenang.htm

Cost of taxis are covered in FAQ Cost of taxis ---> on the right of the page.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pangkor
Level Contributor
2,858 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Simple Bus route - KL to Penang.

hiya fareed how u duin, i take the coach from K.L to penang most times, i normaly use transnational, and get them to drop me at butterworth and just get the ferry over to the island,

i got to butterworth around 5,15 am to 5.30am and got the first ferry over then walked to my hotel which was the bayview hotel in georgetown,after having a drink on the way i got to my hotel around 7,30am i was very lucky as my hotel let me check in early as they had a empty room, so check your hotel allows early checkin,iv also used plusliner who we,r quiet good as well,

then if you are trying to save money why dont you just walk to the bus station at weld quay and get a bus to your hotel,

Sharjah, United...
Level Contributor
92 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Simple Bus route - KL to Penang.

THanks all..

Maggie - can the tickets be taken from the station there and then?

I assume pudu is the place from where i can get into the bus..and it is close to Bukit Bintang, walking distance - correct?

(i will be staying at Bukit bintang)

Edited: 05 August 2011, 18:51
Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pangkor
Level Contributor
2,858 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Simple Bus route - KL to Penang.

which tickets fareed? do you mean bus tickets ?

yep you get the coach from pudurays bus station, i stay on bukit bintang and i walk to the bus station, if i can do it any one can lolx

Sharjah, United...
Level Contributor
92 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Simple Bus route - KL to Penang.

Thanks again Maggie..

yeah u got it right.. i was talking about bus tickets lol..

and yeah.. if u can do it.. why cant I.. :)

Thakns for ur suggestions here and on other posts.. u are really helping me out..

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pangkor
Level Contributor
2,858 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Simple Bus route - KL to Penang.

fareed not a problem, yep when you get off the ferry go to the weld quay the bus station is there you can get your ticket for your bus, its lovely going across on the ferry at the start of the day x

7. Re: Simple Bus route - KL to Penang.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2012, 06:16