We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Would you book hotel with bfast inclusive?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
8 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Would you book hotel with bfast inclusive?

Hi yes its me again :)

Just wondering would anyone book the hotel rooms with bfast package inclusive? I'm just wondering whether it is wise or not to book it even though Penang is well known for its food varieties. Please advise. thanks

London
Level Contributor
1,126 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Would you book hotel with bfast inclusive?

Hi -

Lots depends - personal preferences etc.

More importantly, depends on where you are...if you are staying in a hotel in Georgetown - you have lots of options for breakfast etc. For example, if you are close to Chulia St, you could go for dim sum everyday. There are lots more places around as well as shops open to cater to the office crowd.

If you are in one of the Gurney hotels, you have Bali Hai as an option for dim sum breakfast.

If you are in BF, options will be more limited.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
318 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Would you book hotel with bfast inclusive?

i think it depends if you want the easier convenience of having breakfast at the hotel.can become a bit boring though if they don't alter slightly everyday.

personally i prefer to have it included if possible but a personal choice no matter where you are staying-enjoy your trip, we are having our first trip to malaysia in 2 weeks time. cheers

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Penang
Level Contributor
2,760 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Would you book hotel with bfast inclusive?

we always have breakfast included ..but as above its a personal choice ..if you were staying in Batu Ferringhi say at the Hard Rock ...Bayview ..or Parkroyal ..I would say forget it and eat every morning at Happy Garden

perth
Level Contributor
394 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Would you book hotel with bfast inclusive?

Ooooooooh roostown,being a bit hard on the Bayview.If you want an omelette for breakfast they will make it right there and then.I haven't had any problems with The Bayview breakfasts,no worse than some,but a damn sight better than a lot.My only complaint is that I like having bacon and googs for breakfast and in Malaysia it is hard to find a hotel that will do so.

Anyway,I'm a Weetbix kid and I don't leave home without them.O h yeah,before I forget,bananas,got to have Weetbix with bananas......and honey,and some crushed nuts. Happy trails.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Penang
Level Contributor
2,760 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Would you book hotel with bfast inclusive?

no not being hard on the Bayview Beach at all ..but when you so close to the Happy Garden ..they do a great breakfast with fresh orange juice ...real bacon ..lovely warm brown toast etc

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
19,083 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Would you book hotel with bfast inclusive?

Roostown, I'm delighted to hear that the Happy Garden is still operating. Yes, memories of sitting on the balcony eating a great breakfast and drinking loads of tea. We've also had dinner there a couple of times which was also very good.

Both times in recent years that we've been in Penang, which was in May, we were disappointed to discover that HG was closed as the owners were away on holiday. Fortunately we found the other great little spot across the road and down a bit. I'm annoyed that I can't remember the name of it, but it was something to do with fishing. Perhaps your memory is better than mine.

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
5,819 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Would you book hotel with bfast inclusive?

Just for conveniece I always go with breakfast.

Level Contributor
752 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Would you book hotel with bfast inclusive?

We find it difficult to wake up in time for breakfast so we never pay to have it included... Last year had no prob finding breakfast in BF but that may be because I was getting up around lunch time!

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Penang
Level Contributor
2,760 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Would you book hotel with bfast inclusive?

travelkat...Sherine's email is ... sherine5050@yahoo.com ...

before your next visit ..send her an email

Whangarei, New...
Level Contributor
762 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Would you book hotel with bfast inclusive?

Stayed at Bayview Beach- breakfast is very substantial. take it late and you can forget lunch ! This has been my experience of many S.E. Asian hotels .I highly recommend it.