We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A New Eco Theme Park Opens

Penang Island...
Level Contributor
282 posts
Save Topic
A New Eco Theme Park Opens

A new eco theme park, ESCAPE opens its door to public recently in Teluk Bahang, near Penang Butterfly Fram. Those travelling with kids will have another reason to visit Penang!

Here is a link of their official website:

http://escapepenang.com/

perth
Level Contributor
394 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A New Eco Theme Park Opens

To think I left the army to get away from this.Oh well,here I go again.

I'll have to give it a go.

Happy trails.

Cebu City...
Level Contributor
104 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A New Eco Theme Park Opens

Looks very interesting for a days' outing from Georgetown! Hopefully we'll get some members reporting their experiences at the new facility. Wasn't planning on it but may have to take the family back to Penang one more time.

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
35,979 posts
333 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A New Eco Theme Park Opens

When will an Eco Theme park actually be an Eco caring place?

Austin, TX
Level Contributor
1 post
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A New Eco Theme Park Opens

We spent 6 hours having fun at Escape. Our favorite parts were the ropes course and climbing tower.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Penang
Level Contributor
2,718 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: A New Eco Theme Park Opens

still think that Lost World and and Oranutan theme park are better

Kota Bharu, Malaysia
Level Contributor
4 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: A New Eco Theme Park Opens

to all who still wanna try out this place. I had witness and involve in the inccident happen today at 4.30 pm at level 3 of their "monkey business. one of the cable losen from its original position and slide down 3 feet of the piller, there was a 10 year old kid on the obstacle and my instinct tell me to hold on to the cable to slow down the boy. luckily he manage escape hitting the tree and had no further injury. I hurt my palm a little. there was no quick access to the top, and we have to wait for 45 minutes for the staff to slowly climb up to us. There are no fast escape route for emergency purposes. once u start u must complete the whole route. After i came down i had confronted the person incharged Mr Sheikh. He deny the safety issue i mention, and i told him i hurt my palm, the most disturbing parts is he told me that i should not attempt to help the boy because i am untrained. he totally denying the possible safety issue that i had mention. a big disapointment and worst experience i ever had with a theme park

Kota Bharu, Malaysia
Level Contributor
4 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: A New Eco Theme Park Opens

to all who still wanna try out this place. I had witness and involve in the inccident happen today at 4.30 pm at level 3 of their "monkey business. one of the cable losen from its original position and slide down 3 feet of the piller, there was a 10 year old kid on the obstacle and my instinct tell me to hold on to the cable to slow down the boy. luckily he manage escape hitting the tree and had no further injury. I hurt my palm a little. there was no quick access to the top, and we have to wait for 45 minutes for the staff to slowly climb up to us. There are no fast escape route for emergency purposes. once u start u must complete the whole route. After i came down i had confronted the person incharged Mr Sheikh. He deny the safety issue i mention, and i told him i hurt my palm, the most disturbing parts is he told me that i should not attempt to help the boy because i am untrained. he totally denying the possible safety issue that i had mention. a big disapointment and worst experience i ever had with a theme park

Penang Island...
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: A New Eco Theme Park Opens

Going tomorrow... Looking forward the rope course :)

Penang
Destination Expert
for Penang Island
Level Contributor
853 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: A New Eco Theme Park Opens

dear HT Yap,

You should log an official complain on this incident then. The parent of the kid didn't complain anything?

With proper complain only the park can provide better service and precaution. Nevertheless, do give them a chance. After all, its a new park.

Penang, Malaysia
Level Contributor
909 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: A New Eco Theme Park Opens

Well as with most tourist things in Malaysia, safety is not a priority. Be it jetski, parasailing or whatever, best to steer clear. I myself have seen too many jetski injuries.