We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

KOMTAR to Penang Hill & Kek Lok Si

Kota Kinabalu
Destination Expert
for Sabah
Level Contributor
2,246 posts
111 reviews
Save Topic
KOMTAR to Penang Hill & Kek Lok Si

Hey experts,

How do i get to Penang Hill and Kek Lok Si from KOMTAR?

Is it far?

Any tip to go by bus?

If i take a taxi?how much would it be?

TIA

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Penang
Level Contributor
2,742 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: KOMTAR to Penang Hill & Kek Lok Si

It easy by bus..catch the 204 and it will stop at the main entrance....but it closed as from yesterday until the 14th

Kota Kinabalu
Destination Expert
for Sabah
Level Contributor
2,246 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: KOMTAR to Penang Hill & Kek Lok Si

Hi roostown!

Thanks for your reply!Which is closed?Penang Hill or Kek Lok Si? Both places by the same bus?204?

TIA

Kota Kinabalu
Destination Expert
for Sabah
Level Contributor
2,246 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: KOMTAR to Penang Hill & Kek Lok Si

Silly me,just googled and found out Pg Hill is closed!thanks for the tips!

Anyway,can i take the same bus to Kek Lok Si?

Can i take Rapid 101 from Batu Feringgih to kek Lok si? Or i need to change bus in Komtar?

TIA

Kota Kinabalu
Destination Expert
for Sabah
Level Contributor
2,246 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: KOMTAR to Penang Hill & Kek Lok Si

Silly me,just googled and found out Pg Hill is closed!thanks for the tips!

Anyway,can i take the same bus to Kek Lok Si?

Can i take Rapid 101 from Batu Feringgih to kek Lok si? Or i need to change bus in Komtar?

TIA

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Penang
Level Contributor
2,742 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: KOMTAR to Penang Hill & Kek Lok Si

You will need to change at Komtar.....also if you plan to do a lot of getting round by bus...make sure you buy the Rapid Penang Tourist Pass..it will cost you RM30.00 andallowsyou to travel anywhere for one week as many times as you desire... We here at the moment

Kota Kinabalu
Destination Expert
for Sabah
Level Contributor
2,246 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: KOMTAR to Penang Hill & Kek Lok Si

Thank you so kuch roostown!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,950 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: KOMTAR to Penang Hill & Kek Lok Si

Hi Sabah_Girl. Havent heard from you for ages.

We took bus 101 from Batu Ferringhi to Komtar (but it doesnt drop you off at the Komtar bus terminal). You get off at one side of Komtar and you can walk around to the bus terminal via the roads, or you can go thru the shopping centre to the bus terminal.

Then we caught bus 204 from Komtar bus terminal (after getting some great bargains at the the shopping centre). The bus trip to Penang Hill took over an hour as lots of locals were getting on & off the 204 bus. I got a bit bus sick. You go past Kek Lok Si to get to Penang Hill. So you can stop at Kek Lok Si and have a look round, and then catch another 204 bus onto Penang hill.

Good idea to buy the Tourist Pass for rm30, if you intend to get around by bus. The buses are good and we found the drivers very helpful, letting you know when to get off. You need to take your passport with you to buy the pass.

Sounds like you are staying in Batu Ferringhi, if so you can buy a pass at the Lone Pine Resort.

Make sure you pick a nice clear day to go to Penang Hill. The view is fantastic.

Cheers. Danuta.

8. Re: KOMTAR to Penang Hill & Kek Lok Si

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 January 2014, 06:18