We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dentist in Penang

Which George Town hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
1 post
Save Topic
Dentist in Penang

We are in Penang for 5 days in November need to 2 bridges or implants. It must be cheaper than Sydney.?? Does anyone have any recommendations

Nelson Bay...
Destination Expert
for Penang
Level Contributor
1,784 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dentist in Penang

Lucy,

We have used and recommend the Penang Dental Surgery. Email enquiry: pgdental@tm.net.my. Their address is 287, Jalan Burma, Pulau Tikus Tel: 04-2262440.

Also recommended by other TA's is the Penang Adventist Hospital, see their site: http://www.pah.com.my/services/dental_clinic/

They are also located in Pulau Tikus at 465, Jalan Burma, Tel: (604) 222-7200. General Enquiry: enquiry@pah.com.my

Is five days going to be long enough for the dental work you require? I guess they can answer that question.

Gaja

Hope Island...
Level Contributor
69 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Dentist in Penang

Lucy,

As Gaja has stated the Penang Dental Surgery. Email enquiry: pgdental@tm.net.my. Their address is 287, Jalan Burma, Pulau Tikus Tel: 04-2262440, is very good, we have already booked in there when we are in penang next month.

This link: penang-traveltips.com/dentists-and-dental-cl… gives you a more varied list and you may find one closer to where you are staying.

Enjoy your stay

Paul

brisbane
Level Contributor
48 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dentist in Penang

Hi Paul

Do u know the approx costs of check ups, fillings, general cleaning ect at the dentist you recommended in Penang?

Thanks Sharon

Nelson Bay...
Destination Expert
for Penang
Level Contributor
1,784 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dentist in Penang

Sharon,

I had some dental treatment last month at the Penang Dental Surgery. The scale and clean was RM$90

X-ray = RM$30

Filling = RM$80

Temporary Filling = RM$35

I was also quoted for a porcelain bonded crown, (no root canal required)

Non presious metal RM$700

Semi-presious = RM$950

Yellow gold = RM$1400

Gaja

brisbane
Level Contributor
48 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dentist in Penang

Thanks so much for the info.

Sharon

Rockhampton...
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Dentist in Penang

Guys forgive my ignorance but I take it the RM $80 is malay currency is that correct

Hope Island...
Level Contributor
69 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Dentist in Penang

Keith, Yes it is, which divided by approx 3 will come to aussie dollars.

Paul

Perth, Australia
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Dentist in Penang

Just spent 10 days in Penang in Oct 2012. The objective was to get some crowns put in plus enjoy the local cuisine.

Made prior arrangement with Penang Dental Clinic at Pulau Tikus. Very happy with the outcome for 5 crowns, a bridge and scaling (deep cleaning just under gum line).

The prices for filling and general dentistry are cheaper plus you save on the exchange. For crowns, they are about the same except you save on foreign exchange. Depending on the material used, a crown will typically cost you between RM800 to RM1500. Implant is about RM6000.

First appointment was consultation as this was my first visit to this dentist. Happy with the consultation but most impressed with Dr Tan's skill and speed in preparing the teeth and having temporary crowns put in.

Then a week later had the actual semi-precious crowns put in. All in all very happy with the outcome. Will be paying another visit to Dr Tan to put in 5 more crowns!

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Penang
Level Contributor
2,731 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dentist in Penang

remember work done in malaysia and needs correcting when you get back home is at your expesnes...much like cheap breast inplants etc..many go well ...many go wrong

Geelong
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Dentist in Penang

Hi,

I myself need two crowns and in Penang in January and was planning on having them done, I was wondering what work if any you had to do before hand? And did it ruin you holiday? As much as I need the work done, I do not want to ruin everyones holiday by being miserable and in constant pain?

Never had one done before so all new to me, just hoping I do not need implants as no time for that.

Any thoughts would be great

Thanks