We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Breakfast near Chulia Heritage Hotel

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
569 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Breakfast near Chulia Heritage Hotel

Hi All,

Going back to Penang again after our last May's visit, this time we will be stay in Chulia Heritage Hotel because it did not inculd breakfast just wondering where can we find breakfast near by.

Thx in advance

Petaling Jaya...
Destination Expert
for Malaysia
Level Contributor
7,797 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Breakfast near Chulia Heritage Hotel

Depends what type of breakfast.

If it was me I would walk 1 street away to Lebuh Campbell to Hameediyah for my murtabak and teh tarik fix.

Penang Island...
Level Contributor
1,102 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Breakfast near Chulia Heritage Hotel

You are limited only by your imagination. The choices are endless.

If you want a real local experience seek out the kopi kedai (coffee shop) in the alley just off Campbell Street where it intersects with Penang Road.

Here you will find artisans who will cook toast over open coals and coddle you an egg which is to die for.

Please try it before it disappears. Cost is a few ringgits

Then there are the nearby tamil and malay breakfast joints and I could go on.

Follow your nose and enjoy

Level Contributor
2,285 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Breakfast near Chulia Heritage Hotel

You are staying in Chinatown area, so 5 -10 mins walk will take you to a lot of choices.

2 streets away is Campbell street where there is a Campbell house (Boutique hotel). To the left of this hotel is Woo Hing watch shop and next door is a family dimsum restaurant, the old type where you may be expected to share tables.

Across is Cintra street where there is De tai Tong, another dimsum selling from morning till supper.

To the right of Campbell street is Chowrasta market where there there is a small open space. It is right behind a coffee shop. Here you can find some hawkers selling breakfast. The curry mee is good. Locate a stall selling potted plants and you will find the spot. There are also several coffeeshops near the market.

Walk towards Penang Road and opposite Oriental hotel, there is coffeeshop for mixed platter(bean curd, shrimp crisps, loh bak etc) , nasi lemak, noodles, fried koayteow . It is the corner coffeeshop at the junction of Penang rd/Argyl road.

Happy hunting.

Edited: 09 June 2013, 15:12
Level Contributor
394 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Breakfast near Chulia Heritage Hotel

In Chulia Street there is a truck load of places to have breakfast.

I usually go to the ECCO at 402 Chulia Street.

But there are plenty to go to, all the way around the corner to the backpackers

in Love Lane

Happy trails

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
569 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Breakfast near Chulia Heritage Hotel

Thank you all for the very informative informations.

Since we have about a week in George Town , i am sure we can try everyone of them can't wait.!!!!

George Town...
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Breakfast near Chulia Heritage Hotel

For Chinese Food you can go near to Kimberly Street.

For Indian Food you can go to Market Street or Penang Road.

For Malay Food you can try the Nasi Lemak Bungkus from any Coffee stall.

Have a good day in Pearl Island.

Freelancer guide with car(RM20 for 1 hour, Sat and Sun only)

thanks and regards,

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
458 posts
283 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Breakfast near Chulia Heritage Hotel

e went to the little place almost next door Stardust I think food was good prices reasonable and staff friendly.

8. Re: Breakfast near Chulia Heritage Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2014, 06:20
Get answers to your questions about George Town
Recent Conversations