We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flying Visit to Georgetown

Surat Thani...
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Flying Visit to Georgetown

My 92 year old Mother and myself ,to conform with Thai regulations need to leave Thailand every 90 days , she is just frail ,and walks with a stick ,very short distances otherwise ,she uses a wheelchair . We are only in Georgetown for 2 days before we head back to the Airport , but I would like to give her a little taster of Penang before we leave ,that is not too strenuous , any suggestions ! We are going to stay at the Hutton Lodge ,does any shuttle go near there ?

Nelson Bay...
Destination Expert
for Penang
Level Contributor
1,784 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flying Visit to Georgetown

Hutton Lodge is just off the main street, Penang Road. The free shuttle bus CAT (Central Area Transit) has a stop on Penang Rd near Hutton Lodge. See rapidpg.com.my/journey-planner/route-maps/ for further information. It would be less than a 100 metres flat walk. Nearby Hutton Lodge is the Ho Ping coffee shop for excellent hawker food. It is located on the corner of Penang Rd and Lorong Kampung Malabar, just to the north of the bus stop. The larger shopping centres (Gurney Plaza) have wheelchairs on offer for free whilst in the centre. Just head to the information desk to inquire.

Gaja

Surat Thani...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Flying Visit to Georgetown

Thank you so much , for your information , this will prove to be invaluable to me ,as I have been trying to find somewhere close to eat ,the night that we arrive . It is also really good news ,that the shuttle stops ,as close to Hutton Lodge ,as that ! I try to do as much research as I can ,before I go anywhere with my Mum ,so that I can cover , more or less every eventuality ,should it arise ! Thank you again for your help in this , I am truly grateful ! Patriciag

Petaling Jaya...
Level Contributor
2,166 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flying Visit to Georgetown

From Hutton Lodge, an easier walk to avoid major road crossing is to eat along Jalan Penang.

Walk towards Cititel hotel ( 5 mins). You will reach Jalan Sri Bahari before Cititel. At that corner is Kheng Pin coffee shop which has a variety of hawker food from 9am - 2pm Closed on Monday. It is famous for Nasi Lemak, char koay teow(flat noodles), chicken rice and fried seafood/meat platter.

After Cititel hotel, there are lots of Indian Muslim hawkers which will be open from 7pm-10pm.

4. Re: Flying Visit to Georgetown

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 November 2014, 06:18