We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Danum Valley vs. Kinabatangan?

Colorado
Level Contributor
1,256 posts
260 reviews
Save Topic
Danum Valley vs. Kinabatangan?

Hello, if you had to pick one which would it be?

If you had been to just one, can you please share your experience.

Danum Valley- I know that one can stay at the Borneo lodge there and possibly at the research station, would you have any information on the latter- how difficult is it t book the accomodaiton there, if possible at all.

Thank you :)

Maidstone, United...
Level Contributor
1,245 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Danum Valley vs. Kinabatangan?

My partner and I have done both.

They are both completely different experiences due to locality. We go to the Kinabatangan river every visit and always see something different but have only been to the Danum Valley once because of the cost, (we would love to visit again though).

At the Kinabatangan some of the sights that we have seen, close up include over 100 elephants grazing, Probiscus monkeys several times, a Civet cat both at the top of a tree as well as visiting camp and a troop of macaques that took an hour to pass directly through the camp while we relaxed in hammocks. (Do a search for Uncle Tan's website for more info and photos).

In the Danum valley it is a little more about the flora and the amazingly high trees as the wildlife is harder to find, although I was fortunate enough to see an eagle pluck a snake off of the road and we did have to stop when a young elephant blocked the way. The day after we left a group of people were lucky enough to spend an evening observing Orang Utan's building thier nest and relaxing in a tree directly opposite the upstairs bar and balcony. The bird life in the Danum Valley is amazing, with an abundance of Hornbills amongst others.

sel.malaysia
Level Contributor
201 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Danum Valley vs. Kinabatangan?

goto :http://www.danumvalley.com for all you info

Colorado
Level Contributor
1,256 posts
260 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Danum Valley vs. Kinabatangan?

thank you very much for your inputs :)

4. Re: Danum Valley vs. Kinabatangan?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 August 2009, 06:22