We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Updates on Hyatt Regency Hotel Kota Kinabalu

Kota Kinabalu
Destination Expert
for Sabah
Level Contributor
2,264 posts
113 reviews
Save Topic
Updates on Hyatt Regency Hotel Kota Kinabalu

Greetings from the Hyatt Regency Kinabalu.

We are proud to announce that we have completed our multi-million-ringgit guestroom renovation and now all guests will be accommodated in brand new rooms, fitted with modern conveniences and featuring a contemporary interior design that complements the tropics.

The swimming pool upgrade is almost complete, with the new pool scheduled to reopen by the end of January 2011. While the pool is in its final stages of refurbishment, arrangements have been made for inhouse guests to use the pool facilities of a similar 5-star standard establishment.

India
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
5,245 posts
173 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Updates on Hyatt Regency Hotel Kota Kinabalu

About time they did refurbish the Hyatt, it was in a dreadful state for a supposed 5*.

Wonder which other hotel's pool the guests are allowed to use?

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Malaysia
Level Contributor
2,070 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Updates on Hyatt Regency Hotel Kota Kinabalu

Nickie, you say "we"...you working there?

Kota Kinabalu...
Level Contributor
299 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Updates on Hyatt Regency Hotel Kota Kinabalu

If I had to guess, and thinking about the only other "similar" hotel nearby which actually has a pool, it's probably Le Meridien.

India
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
5,245 posts
173 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Updates on Hyatt Regency Hotel Kota Kinabalu

..or maybe just publicity blurb that was sent out?

Kota Kinabalu
Destination Expert
for Sabah
Level Contributor
2,264 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Updates on Hyatt Regency Hotel Kota Kinabalu

Hi MK4872,

Not working there, am just a regular guests and business associates. Got this update from them, considered it would be good to share it with fellow travellers.

The island resort i am working for is a good partner for Hyatt (F&B wise) & STAR (accomodation wise).

Nickie

India
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
5,245 posts
173 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Updates on Hyatt Regency Hotel Kota Kinabalu

It would be good to know what you think of the upgrade at the Hyatt. How the rooms are now and so on.

Kota Kinabalu
Destination Expert
for Sabah
Level Contributor
2,264 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Updates on Hyatt Regency Hotel Kota Kinabalu

Hi Scotlandscout,

Honestly, i have not visited the newly refurbished rooms. As we are mostly using their F&B services. Ok, i will make a date with them for visit and will write up some reviews on the renovated rooms.

I guess this help fellow travellers on deciding the right hotel too.

Nickie

8. Re: Updates on Hyatt Regency Hotel Kota Kinabalu

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 June 2011, 06:17