We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Diving and luxury relax in Kota Kinabalu

Riga, Latvia
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Topic
Diving and luxury relax in Kota Kinabalu

Dear travelers, I am interested in Kota Kinabalu and nearest surrounding in April and the main interest is diving options there and luxury relax? Do someone have some expierence regarding diving ( for example, If comparing with Maldives?) And also I am interested in luxury and good resort for a couple relax. I will be thankful for some advises and recommendations.

Thank you in advance, Ilze.

Wangaratta...
Destination Expert
for Kota Kinabalu, Wangaratta, Sandakan
Level Contributor
7,898 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Diving and luxury relax in Kota Kinabalu

Have alook at hotel reviews (Kota Kinabalu Hotels) in the green section on the right of the page. You will find all resorts there. My recommendation would be Shangri-la Rasa Ria in the Ocean Wing. Diving, I will leave to other as it not a think for me.

Edited: 23 March 2012, 22:22
Kota Kinabalu
Destination Expert
for Sabah
Level Contributor
2,244 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Diving and luxury relax in Kota Kinabalu

Hi,

Check out Bungaraya Island Resort & Spa.

I think it is the highest end resort around Kota Kinabalu. They have their own dive centre too.

www.bungarayaresort.com

Nickie

Kota Kinabalu...
Level Contributor
299 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Diving and luxury relax in Kota Kinabalu

I agree with Big W's Rasa Ria recommendation (and those of 1300+ other TripAdvisorers tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g298307-d306368… ) - it's established, know their stuff, and certainly does great work.

Bunga Raya gets a lot of mixed reviews (tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g298307-d151557…), is not super convenient if you want to escape the resort, but might well be your taste.

Sabah has diving comparable to the Maldives, but over on the east coast at Sipadan. Kota Kinabalu has some great diving, but it's hard to compare it to the Maldives as they are two very different environments.

That said, Kota Kinabalu has great diving - plenty of macro-life, turtles, a few black tip reef sharks and, in the last 3 months, even whale sharks (lots of luck required). Plus, the marine park is just 10 minutes by boat from the city.

You can ask for all inclusive packages from TripAdvisor's top tour operators (tripadvisor.com/…TtD).

Edited: 26 March 2012, 02:32
4. Re: Diving and luxury relax in Kota Kinabalu

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 08:15