We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting Sabah at the end of August!

Bucharest, Romania
Destination Expert
for Seychelles
Level Contributor
6,417 posts
378 reviews
Visiting Sabah at the end of August!

Me and my wife are visiting Malaysian Borneo at the end of August and we decided to split our stay between Borneo Rainforest Lodge and Shangri-La's Rasa Ria.

Now the questions:

1. How much will charge a taxi from airport to Shangri-La's Rasa Ria? The hotel gave us a rate of 267 MYR per way very likely to be expensive comparable with a normal taxi

2. Do you think is a good idea to visit half a day KK and have dinner in the city? Are taxis easily to find during evenings?

3. Is Sabah malaria free?

For the moment these are my only questions. Probably more to come.

Thank you for having patience in answering my questions.

Miki

west australia perth
Level Contributor
663 posts
77 reviews
21. Re: Visiting Sabah at the end of August!

G,DAY,

Yes i know how you feel we have been twice now and would love to return again, glad you had a great time.

Miri, Malaysia
2 posts
22. Re: Visiting Sabah at the end of August!

Get a uber or grab for cheaper alternative

Wangaratta...
Destination Expert
for Kota Kinabalu, Wangaratta, Sandakan
Level Contributor
8,521 posts
150 reviews
23. Re: Visiting Sabah at the end of August!

The OP has been and gone. I would also be careful with Uber or grab as they may not be licenced operators and not have insurance. Your travel insurance may be void if you are involved in an accident.

24. Re: Visiting Sabah at the end of August!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 October 2018, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about Kota Kinabalu