We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mnt. Kinabalu-hike to Raban Lata and back in 1 day-permit?

Colorado
Level Contributor
1,256 posts
260 reviews
Save Topic
Mnt. Kinabalu-hike to Raban Lata and back in 1 day-permit?

I just found this in the 2007 Lonely Planet to Malaysia.

"A guide is only compulsory if you intend to venture beyond Raban Lata, ie to the Summit"

We do not have the accommodation at the Raban Lata Resthouse but I wonder if we

simply can hike to Raban Lata and back in one day without any permits, accommodation.

and wonder if anyone has any experience with this, comment or ideas if this information is correct.

thank you.

Sydney
Level Contributor
195 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mnt. Kinabalu-hike to Raban Lata and back in 1 day-permit?

Hi Boleslav

Please email Christina at Sutera Sanctuary direct at this address, mention Roger and the Tripadvisor web site and I expect she will be able to assist you. She is a very competant manager at Sutera

christina@suterasanctuarylodges.com.my

Of note is that if Laban Rata is full there are also less luxurious accomodation generally available nearby.

Kind Regards

Roger in Sydney.

Colorado
Level Contributor
1,256 posts
260 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mnt. Kinabalu-hike to Raban Lata and back in 1 day-permit?

Roger-thank you for the email address, I sent her a note and am waiting for the response. Boleslav

3. Re: Mnt. Kinabalu-hike to Raban Lata and back in 1 day-permit?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2009, 13:16