We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kota Kinabalu - Designer fakes

England
Level Contributor
974 posts
90 reviews
Save Topic
Kota Kinabalu - Designer fakes

Hiya

I've read the below threads and understand that the shopping isn't as good as in Thailand but do they still have the markets with the fake designer stuff in KK?

If so, what sort of stuff - is it watches, shoes, clothes?

Is there a particular market that's better than the other?

Thanks bunches

Sharon

Wangaratta...
Destination Expert
for Kota Kinabalu, Wangaratta, Sandakan
Level Contributor
7,988 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kota Kinabalu - Designer fakes

It is getting harder and harder to find fakes in KK.

The authorities are getiing very tough on counterfiets.

In March I had great difficukty finding "Rolexes" etc and DVD's

It has never been a thriving industry and there was never overt sales at markets and you had to drop hints that you wanted something with stall holders etc but not much response in March.

I found some watches after much searching sold in out of the way places and the few DVD'd I found were all no good!!

First time for that, previously the had all been good.

I know that doesn't help but I don't think you will have much luck.

Wirral
Level Contributor
401 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kota Kinabalu - Designer fakes

Hi Sharon, not really much stuff in KK, however, i buy stuff dirctly from China,let me know if you would like the link and i can send to you by mail.

Rgds

Suzanne

London, England
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Kota Kinabalu - Designer fakes

Just read this thread and wondered if it was the same for clothes. When we were in Sri Lanka we threw away the clothes we had and stocked up on t-shirts. To this day we are not sure if they were fakes or not but have done us well for 7 years. Will we be able to buy designer type t shirt in KK and if so at what sort of price. fake or not

4. Re: Kota Kinabalu - Designer fakes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 September 2009, 13:17