We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

wow

Which Kota Kinabalu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Philippines
Level Contributor
7 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
wow

Hi, me & my girlfriends are planning to go to kota kinabalu this august 2005, just to unwind --- reflect, relax, reminisce... kk was featured in one of our more popular morning shows here in the philippines & kk looks good that's why we are all excited to visit this amazing place.

we are also on a tight budget so we're planning to have a 4-day vacation in kk... got hold of some info abt hotels on the net...

need answers to these:

i need to know if hyatt regency kinabalu hotel is any good?

what are the places that we can visit during our 4-day stay?

what bars/restaurants are popular in kk?

how about beaches (any beach resembling our famous boracay)?

how about the weather?

i know i have so many questions... but i just wanna make our trip enjoyable despite limited resources/time... we need all the help we can get.

many thanks!

1. Re: wow

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 July 2005, 15:20
Kuching
Level Contributor
1,287 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: wow

The Hyatt Regency is a nice place but if you are looking for a resort vacation I highly reccomend choosing one of the resorts located on a beach. Many of the resort beaches are better than the public ones and they have fun activities to participate in. You can catch moonlight parties, beach bar-b-cues, and more

You have to snorkel when in Sabah. There are several places that offer excursions but once again some of the resorts offer free or very cheap snorkeling to guests staying there.

There are several pubs downtown and in a few of the hotels which offer some dancing and a fun atmosphere. Its hit and miss one night one club will be packed and the next night it will be dead.

The beaches directly around KK arent as good as many in other areas of S.E. Asia but the snorkeling is the best and some of the outlying areas have amazing beaches and islands to explore.

The weather in August should be similar to the Philippines.

philippines
Level Contributor
75 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: wow

hi joan_mole. when in august are you going there?

Philippines
Level Contributor
7 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: wow

Hey new22003 & anski, thanks for your very informative answers.

For new22003: do you have any suggestion as to the most economical but nice place near the beach?

pls let me know of the site & can we book online?

thank you very much!

For anski: i'll be traveling in kk this october... have booked the flight already... haven't booked our hotels yet.

many thanks guys!

philippines
Level Contributor
75 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: wow

to joan_mole: what airline? and how much?

Philippines
Level Contributor
7 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: wow

hey anski, check out air asia. they have a promo until 11 aug for one-way ticket to kk. though taxes & other charges are not included. r u also going to kk?