We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aquarium & Marine Museum

Singapore
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
Aquarium & Marine Museum

I read about this Aquarium located at UMS. Any feedback on whether this Aquarium is worth going? Also how can we get to UMS. Thanks

Kota Kinabalu
Level Contributor
109 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aquarium & Marine Museum

Hi, I live in KK and my young son and I like to go to the University aquarium occasionally (although it is not well advertised)

It's a small aquarium with 2 large tanks and a number of smaller tanks. Quite interesting, but you would only be there for about 30-45mins at most I think.

Take a look at the website www.ums.edu.my/ipmb for more info about opening times as these can be funny (eg. it is closed on Wednesdays and closes at lunchtimes).

Any taxi driver should know where UMS (University Malaysia Sabah) is and it's located next door to the 1Borneo Mall about 15mins out of KK town centre.

Once the taxi driver gets to the campus, if he is unsure of the location he can ask security. It's a large campus and located on the far edge of the campus by the sea.

May be difficult to get a taxi back, unless you pre-arrange with the taxi who takes you there.

Hope this helps

Paul

Sarawak
Level Contributor
353 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Aquarium & Marine Museum

UMS is just besides the 1Borneo megamall, very easy to get to. We drove there ourselves and had little trouble finding it (just follow the Giant Hypermarket signs!). It's about a 15 minute drive (depending on traffic). The entrance to UMS is about a 2 minute drive away from 1Borneo. Alternatively, you can take a taxi, plenty in the city!

3. Re: Aquarium & Marine Museum

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2009, 23:22