We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Prices are to high.

UK
2 posts
Save Topic
Prices are to high.

Prices to high . Now the world in in the credit crunch.

Going to the shops . small bit of shopping RM 147 .

to get a beer on the sea front 20 RM a pint that now $8 or 4 GBP No fun for the tourists. No culture shows. what's there to see if your on a budget?

Maidstone, United...
Level Contributor
1,357 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Prices are to high.

I am ALWAYS on a budget. Sabah is one of the cheapest places I have visited, but I do tend to avoid tourist places like the plague.

Get out and about, use the same transport and facilities as the local culture and see the REAL destination.

If you think about it, as a general rule, wherever you go in the world there are residents who do not use facilitis aimed at visitors. If this was their only choice they could not afford to reside there in the first place!

The best wildlife I have ever seen includes the Kinabatangan River and Sipidan, both done very cheaply.

Spend time on the East Coast and you will notice the difference.

It took me four visits with a total of 10 weeks to see all that I wanted,and that does not include all that Sabah has to offer so do not give up on it lightly.

2. Re: Prices are to high.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 September 2009, 13:16