We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Whats the weather in Borneo right now?

The cold
Level Contributor
7 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Whats the weather in Borneo right now?

We are going to KK, Nexus hotel, on the 1st of february for 11 days. When I look at the current weather rapport all it says is rain rain rain and thunderstorms. Is this true? Maybe someone who is there or recently visited could tell med what it´s really like?

Thank you :)

Malaysia
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Whats the weather in Borneo right now?

to answer your question, YES! It has not stopped raining since we arrive in Sarawak last week and I'm not talking light raing, I mean the sound of a train going over your head kind of rain! I would suggest brining a parka and LOTS of books to read....

Singapore Sunny Land
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Whats the weather in Borneo right now?

Though its the wet season now, but our trip in Sabah was pleasantly or mostly sunny, occasion rains which at interval. Bought myself a cheap useful umbrella which actually helps primary for the scorching sun and works well in wet spell too.

Hv fun and no one can be the perfect weather man, if its rain just get into one of the local shop for break time.

Conwy, United...
Destination Expert
for Penang Island, Sarawak, George Town
Level Contributor
4,732 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Whats the weather in Borneo right now?

I have just (4 days ago) got back from a month in Borneo.

In Kuching we had a bit of rain - mostly late afternoon or early evening. Same in Sibu & Kapit.

Else where, you would not think it was the wet season. We had 'brolly & poncho with us - we used them a total of about 5 times (in 30 days).

For info, the weather forcast for South East asia nearly always says rain and thunder storms.

The rain does not stop you from doing things -just take a 'brolly (you can buy cheap ones for rm10 or less) and wear flip flops & shorts.

The cold
Level Contributor
7 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Whats the weather in Borneo right now?

Thank you for all your answers, doesn´t seem to rainy then after all. Hey after all it´s the rainforest :)

dys
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
335 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Whats the weather in Borneo right now?

guess it's not a good time to hit the beach then? was thinking of booking a stay at shangri-la tanjung aru...

dys

Singapore Sunny Land
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Whats the weather in Borneo right now?

We went there for the evening and that night was dry and warm throughout, was 10 nights ago. So should b ok i guess.

perth
Level Contributor
18 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Whats the weather in Borneo right now?

will be in sabah tomorow will let you know what weather is lke ,in KL at the moment typicall asian wheather ,GREAT.

The cold
Level Contributor
7 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Whats the weather in Borneo right now?

Sooo... how was it? :)

Maroochydore...
Level Contributor
491 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Whats the weather in Borneo right now?

In KK right now.

Hot and sunny.

Brett

kota kinabalu
11 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Whats the weather in Borneo right now?

hello..

im from sabah.actually the weather in kk now sunny and sometimes rain in the same day but just a couple hour like that and sometimes just a moment, then cloudy...

Get answers to your questions about Kota Kinabalu