We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

medical amenities

Perth
Level Contributor
61 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
medical amenities

Hi, we are planning to go to kk in 4 weeks but I am concerned because my daughter (12y) has a severe peanut allergy. What are the medical facilities like and is it necessary to have the various innoculations we have been advised to get?

Many thanks

Maidstone, United...
Level Contributor
1,245 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: medical amenities

Having had to use the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in KK last year for a severely sprained ankle I can assure you that the facilities and quality of service is second to none, easily putting the British NHS, (supposedly the best in the World), to shame.

I had a consultancy, X-rays and medication and the only cost was a registration fee of 3RM! Truely amazing.

Maidstone, United...
Level Contributor
1,245 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: medical amenities

Should also add that the Dentistry in KK is also excellent and second to none, both my Partner and I had routine treatment this year and she had root canal surgery last year, at a ridiculously low cost, no more than a quarter of the UK prices at most.

Perth
Level Contributor
61 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: medical amenities

Many thanks for your reply. You have put my mind at rest considerably. Now we are really looking forward to going.