We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking for orangutan tour

Which Kota Kinabalu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Perth
Level Contributor
61 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Booking for orangutan tour

Is it wise to book the Sepilok Orangutan centre tour before we leave australia or is it easy enough to book when we arrive?

Many thanks

Darwin, Australia
Level Contributor
57 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booking for orangutan tour

There are plenty of places you can book from in KK so think you are better doing it from there. Sepilok may not necessarily be your best option either. There are orangs at the Rasa Ria Resort sanctuary which is not as far as Sepilok and it is cheaper but it is up to you.

Perth
Level Contributor
61 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Booking for orangutan tour

thanks for the info. i will check out all options when i get there

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
145 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Booking for orangutan tour

We have been advised to book the Sepilock tour well in advance as the tour is very popular and the flights from KK get booked up very quickly. I would advise you to book it befor you leave home to avoid any disapointment, we booked

through Wildlife Expeditions hope this helps cheers.

Gav&Michelle

Maidstone, United...
Level Contributor
1,209 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Booking for orangutan tour

The tours may get booked up but this trip is easy to do independently and therefore has no restrictions on numbers, although the early flight can get booked up and you would need to book seats 3-4 days in advance. You can do this locally or either with Malaysian Airlines direct from home or your local Travel Agent, (who would add a fee.

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
11 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Booking for orangutan tour

No need to book before you are there provided you are there for a week or so. But DO go to Sepilok rather than Rasa Ria. You will see much more and your money will be put to good use there, whereas I don't think the Rasa Ria charges get appropriately used

Maidstone, United...
Level Contributor
1,209 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Booking for orangutan tour

I agree that going to Sepilok is a much better experience, but the Rasa Ria works with Sepilok, (See the Sepilok website), and therefore the Orang Utans are cared for equally as much.

See other posts related to this topic.