We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Drink and food prices at Shangri La Rasa Ria

GB
Level Contributor
29 posts
14 reviews
Drink and food prices at Shangri La Rasa Ria

Trying to decide how much money to take with us. We are staying for 10 days. Does anyone know what prices drinks and food are? Also can you add everything to your room bill and just pay at the end of the stay by credit card.

Thanks

Espoo Finland
Level Contributor
157 posts
52 reviews
1. Re: Drink and food prices at Shangri La Rasa Ria

You don't need money inside the resort - just a healthy credit card:) Everything can be charged to the room bill, incl. food, activities and spa.

If I remember correctly - buffet dinner was around 100-110 MYR. Light lunhes 25-35 MYR. A-la-carte dinner prices I do not remember. Drinks are rather expensive (not sure if it was 15-20 MYR for a beer?), but there is also a shop to buy some soft drinks, beers etc inside the hotel. Generally I found the food reasonable price/quality compared to european standards. But of course its expensive in 5-star resort compared to local price levels at KK city.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
7,050 posts
106 reviews
2. Re: Drink and food prices at Shangri La Rasa Ria

Hi,

I confirm the buffet known as Makan Street (Hawker style) is at 110 RM per person. Drink other than tap water are extra.

There are other options, Coast Restaurant being the most expensive.

Other outlets at the hotels are more affordable, I only stayed 3 nights so didn't have enough time to try them all.

Wangaratta...
Destination Expert
for Kota Kinabalu, Wangaratta, Sandakan
Level Contributor
8,521 posts
150 reviews
3. Re: Drink and food prices at Shangri La Rasa Ria

There are 6 restaurants at Rasa Ria:

Coast - high quality a la carte - 3 course meal around RM180 depending on what you choose. Food and venue are excellent.

Naan - Indian a la carte or fixed menu - around RM100.

Kozan Teppan-yaki - Japanese. Set menus around RM80 -100 very good.

Coffee Terrace - Buffet Breakfast RM45 - Lunches a la carte, RM30 upwards - Dinner, Buffet RM110, A La Carte RM45 upwards.

Tepi Laut (Makan St) an outdoor hawker style buffet by the pool. RM 110. Light lunches are also available in this area RM35 upwards.

Golfers Terrace - at the Golf Club house, light snacks and local dishes. Sorry can't help with prices as I have not eaten there.

Prices as I remember when I was these in March.

4. Re: Drink and food prices at Shangri La Rasa Ria

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2010, 07:17
Get answers to your questions about Kota Kinabalu