We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

help me figure out my problem!

kota kinabalu
4 posts
Save Topic
help me figure out my problem!

hey,

i'm a secondary school student and I was wondering, on school holidays my fellow classmates asked me to plan some activities to fill our time.So i was thinking of visiting Manukan Island. can someone explain me on how to get there? pls n TQ...

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Malaysia
Level Contributor
2,066 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: help me figure out my problem!

You stay in Kota Kinabalu and Manukan Island is located within a short boat ride. I suggest you check the local directory in KK for Manukan island hotels and go to the jetty to check out the time and charges. Its not that difficult to do right?

kota kinabalu
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: help me figure out my problem!

It's not that hard, I can always check on the web. but then I really need info from an experienced person.

Wangaratta...
Destination Expert
for Kota Kinabalu, Wangaratta, Sandakan
Level Contributor
7,984 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: help me figure out my problem!

There are regular boat and/or ferry services to Manukan Island from either Jessleton Pier, Tanjung Aru (Beach Bums) or Sutera Harbour Marina. Just go to any of these places and you can catch a boat.

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Malaysia
Level Contributor
2,066 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: help me figure out my problem!

Girlry, your original post was just asking "can someone explain me on how to get there?" and now you need info from an experience person.

Can you please be more specific on what info you need? The word "info" is too big when its coming from a local like yourself (you stay in KK). If its from some Mat Salleh, i can understand as they may want to know the weather condition, the time taken for the journey, the cost of food, drinks, etc.

Same as any other poster, you need to do a bit of work yourself first by going to the jetty, find out the cost of the ride, the time, call the hotel and make bookings (after all its local call charges for you), call up your friends and then buy food and drinks to go on your holiday.

For other tourist (from other countries) they would need to at least contact the hotel / resort by email and even organise land transport from airport to the jetty before taking any ferry or boat to the insland.

So you see, there is differences between a question from a local and a question from other tourist.

5. Re: help me figure out my problem!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 November 2010, 06:32