We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Manana island Resort.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,753 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Manana island Resort.

We are thinking of going there...looks great.

I realise it will be pretty basic but we rang and food prices seem Ok too..

Anyone been there????????

Kota Kinabalu
Destination Expert
for Sabah
Level Contributor
2,264 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Manana island Resort.

Hi,

I have been and stayed there once. As you mentioned,its pretty basic (no air-condition,it gets pretty hot during the day),and the place is quite secluded. Be prepared to have all your meals with them as there is no other eating outlets available.

Activities wise,boat snorkeling is good. But staying too long will be a little boring. 1 night is fine.

Enjot Sabah!

Nickie

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Malaysia
Level Contributor
2,073 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Manana island Resort.

Nickie,

Is this the island that you need to bring your own drinking water?

Been to Sabah once and went to 2 island, i remember that one of them sell expensive drinking water and we have to brink in our own.

Kota Kinabalu
Destination Expert
for Sabah
Level Contributor
2,264 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Manana island Resort.

Hi MK4872,

Its not on an island,its just a secluded beach near Kota Belud.

Its more advisable to bring your own water,the food and drinks is pretty expensive as they are the only 1 selling. If you want to get out of the resort,you'll need to take a boat. I guess the resort charge you for this. They only include 1 time return boat transfer in their package.

Nickie

4. Re: Manana island Resort.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 February 2012, 07:16
Get answers to your questions about Kota Kinabalu