We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Don't book with Kinabalu Rent A Car

Which Kota Kinabalu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore
Level Contributor
105 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Don't book with Kinabalu Rent A Car

Just have a very bad and unprofessional experience booking online with Kinabalu Rent A Car.

In the morning while still negiotiating and not confirm the details of my booking with their sales rep Celest Tan. She even reply me that ....Thank you for your reservation.......

Later on the same day late morning when I confirmed my reservation with her, she emailed me that ........the car is booked by another customer, Myvi is fully occupied and have a pleasant day.

I don't know how can my day be pleasant with such service attitude provided. Never encountered such rude service before! Instead of offering another car or feel apologetic, she just simply turn away my business, easy way out :(

I have rented car from other countries, never encounter this type of attitude before,

There are tons of rented companies in KK, avoid KRAC!

I am travelling there tomorrow and will come back next week and will recommend a good reliable car rental company in my next forum posting.

Wangaratta...
Destination Expert
for Kota Kinabalu, Wangaratta, Sandakan
Level Contributor
7,791 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Don't book with Kinabalu Rent A Car

Sorry I don't think you have a legitimate complaint. If you had not confirmed you reservation then you did not have the car booked. They cannot be certain that you require the car until you have confirmed and are quite entitled to hire the car to someone else until you do. Why should they hold the car until you confirm and possibly miss out on renting it out?

BTW, if you browse this forum you will find that Kinabalu Rent a Car are often recommended by other travellers that have used their services.

I have not used them but have used Mountain Rental Cars and found their service to be good. I suggest if you want to be assured of the car you want, don't procrastinate.

Singapore
Level Contributor
105 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Don't book with Kinabalu Rent A Car

Hi bigw, I don't think I am procrastinate. It is the same logic of making a reservation for a dinner date and when you reached the restaurant.... sorry sir, you have not confirm your reservation, the table is given to someone else...... Isn't reserve mean on hold.

It is just a correspondence of emails within a couple of hours in the same morning and next thing without notice, no more car. Hope you understand my frustration, they should have the basic coutesy to told me that if not confirmed within a stipulated time, the car will be given to the next customer.

Just to share, my last car rental encounter with your fellow Asset Car Rental in Brisbane is one of the best and efficient one. Email corrrespondences from the incharge detailing every single queries me as a mecticulous customer has, 100% customer service satisfaction.

Lastly, thanks for your recommendation. Currently, my hotel concierge has also highly recommend Mountain Rental Cars.

KL
Level Contributor
117 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Don't book with Kinabalu Rent A Car

Hi Ling,

I just got back from my KK and i got my car rented upon arrival at the airport. By doing this, i managed to get a car at a price that is cheaper than most car rental websites that i have checked earlier. However, my 1st priority car type was not available and i have to get another car type. But, it is still cheaper than booking from the websites prior to arrival.

Darwin Australia
Level Contributor
84 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Don't book with Kinabalu Rent A Car

I have been using Kinabalu Rent A Car (KRAC) since 2005, and following a change of management, over the last couple of years I have dealt with Celest.

I am very satisfied with the value and service that has been provided by KRAC for six different rentals. We always make sure that our bookings are arranged well in advance of arrival, and as soon as we've finalised our decision, we double check that our booking is CONFIRMED. We would never expect KRAC to hold a vehicle for our convenience, unless we had confirmed a definite booking.

I have no hesitation in recommending KRAC, and I won't hesitate to use them again next year, or at any time into the future.

Alsace, France
Level Contributor
1 post
110 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Don't book with Kinabalu Rent A Car

Hello ...

I am not sure what to think about all this. I have contacted Celest Tan in october and she gave me a real good price for Perodua Alza rental - then I tried to get back to her for more details and maybe an even better deal and she has been ignoring my mails for several weeks. So now I think I'm going to try another agency .. I have time, we're only going there next june!

perak
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Don't book with Kinabalu Rent A Car

Hi ! The website server for KRAC has been attached , the data lost , if you goto the website again may able to see is different from the previous . pls resend the email to them again . .

. Happy New Year :)

Edited: 02 January 2012, 00:00
Darwin Australia
Level Contributor
84 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Don't book with Kinabalu Rent A Car

I contacted Kinabalu Rent a Car this morning about my own request for a booking using the email address: kinabalurentacar@gmail.com

I have received a prompt reply from Celest. They appear to have been having problems with their website, so I suggest that you keep trying.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
5 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Don't book with Kinabalu Rent A Car

Agreed with Ling11 who posted this review.

I am not happy with the company. I booked a viva, but upon arrival, I got an OLD Kelisa, and I didn't get any explanation why the car choice is changed without notice.

I will try some other companies next time.

9. Re: Don't book with Kinabalu Rent A Car

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 06 December 2012, 01:32
Edited: 06 December 2012, 01:32
Wangaratta...
Destination Expert
for Kota Kinabalu, Wangaratta, Sandakan
Level Contributor
7,791 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Don't book with Kinabalu Rent A Car

Self promotion and solicitation are not permitted on Trip Advisor.

Please read Community Guidelines prior to posting.

"We welcome referrals, recommendations, and critiques from our members, but travellers do not visit the forums to be solicited or "sold to"."