We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Don't book with Kinabalu Rent A Car

Singapore
Level Contributor
105 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Don't book with Kinabalu Rent A Car

Just have a very bad and unprofessional experience booking online with Kinabalu Rent A Car.

In the morning while still negiotiating and not confirm the details of my booking with their sales rep Celest Tan. She even reply me that ....Thank you for your reservation.......

Later on the same day late morning when I confirmed my reservation with her, she emailed me that ........the car is booked by another customer, Myvi is fully occupied and have a pleasant day.

I don't know how can my day be pleasant with such service attitude provided. Never encountered such rude service before! Instead of offering another car or feel apologetic, she just simply turn away my business, easy way out :(

I have rented car from other countries, never encounter this type of attitude before,

There are tons of rented companies in KK, avoid KRAC!

I am travelling there tomorrow and will come back next week and will recommend a good reliable car rental company in my next forum posting.

Singapore
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Don't book with Kinabalu Rent A Car

This car rental company should not be in this business - awful experience about 2 weeks ago. Honestly when you rent a car, it just needs to work, after all we are just borrowing the car for one day so you would expect to have a normal car but oh boy had we got into trouble. To cut the story short, we took the car (we were given an upgrade because the car we had originally booked had some problems...) to Kota Kinabalu park about 2 hours away. We stopped for about 45 minutes then wanted to get back into the car... Well it turned out the car wouldn't start, somehow the batterie was flat. So we called the guy, I think his name is Tim and after shouting a few times on the phone, actually shouted back at me (so unprofessional) he offered 2 options: (1) find a guy to help jump start the car or (2) wait for his technician to come and help (that would have meant waiting more than 2 hours....). Anyway after 1 hour we found a really nice guy who helped us start the car, but the nightmare was far from over, read on... It turned out the engine would stop if you didn't keep your foot on the gas pedal which means I had to use my feet i.e. one on the gas and one on the breaks. No no no honestly this was such a dangerous driving experience. It turned out there was something wrong with the engine timing. The guy told us the car was pretty new, well maintained... When we opened the car bonnet it seemed like an old car, the batterie was so small.... Anyway the point to this is don't rent a car from this company.

Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Don't book with Kinabalu Rent A Car

Hi... If nxt time you wanna rent a car try AHSB Rent A Car located at 1borneo. Thy hv car promotion now for myvi n peugeot for only rm100 p'day n also Alza 150... Travel period 1year strt d day you mke booking... Book to avoid dssapoinmnt:)

13. Re: Don't book with Kinabalu Rent A Car

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 March 2017, 18:30
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Don't book with Kinabalu Rent A Car

I just experience the same issue, i booked for Proton Saga only to be told that the price is RM 140 per day instead of RM 90 per day as clearly publish in the website. The person who reply to my email told me I am using iphone thats why the website is allign out and the price list was wrongly appeared. What load of rubbish and nonsense excuse. When I explain they just turn me off. Very unprofessional and arrogant too. How would you expect a good and reliable product and service from this kind of people. Just beware and avoid them.

Level Contributor
1 post
28 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Don't book with Kinabalu Rent A Car

I think Kinabalu rent a car is a small local operator, however I had a very good experience booking with them. Found out that they welcomed contact via whatsapp, so sent them a message on Sunday (10 Nov 2013) to enquire price of Nissan almera or Honda city for the next day for collection at our hotel (cititel express kk). Was quoted rm190 for 1 day rental including taxes and insurance and cash deposit of rm 250. Delivery was prompt and early the next day and staff came to collect back the car from hotel the next day and return us the cash deposit. Car condition was good and clean too. Overall,a great experience. Price was the lowest we found after comparing with several companies.

16. Re: Don't book with Kinabalu Rent A Car

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 November 2014, 06:21