We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rooms at Shangri La Tanjung Aru

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
11 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
Rooms at Shangri La Tanjung Aru

Hi fellow travellers

Am looking at booking 9 nights at the above hotel and was wondering if anyone has stayed in the Tanjung wing sea view rooms lately. Really wanted to book into the Kinabalu sea view rooms but agent is saying they don't have any available for the time we want except those with club access which works out to be about $1,200 dearer for a couple which seems excessive just to get a couple of hours of free alcohol and nibbles. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks

west australia perth
Level Contributor
626 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rooms at Shangri La Tanjung Aru

G,DAY.

This is our favorite hotel in our favorite country and try and visit twice a year, just booked last friday for a stay in October and have the Kinabalu sea view room. Our last visit in March we had a change and tried the Tanjung Aru wing but it was not as nice as the Kinabalu wing.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
11 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rooms at Shangri La Tanjung Aru

Hi

Thanks for your quick reply and feedback which I value. Am looking forward to my first visit to this country. Do you have any tips on what are the best things to do while visiting.

Thanks Kim

west australia perth
Level Contributor
626 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rooms at Shangri La Tanjung Aru

G,DAY.

The best tip i could give you is to do your research on TA it has been a great help for us, do try and organise a trip into the jungle areas such as Danum Valley and the Kinabatangan River areas. Enjoy

London, United...
Level Contributor
141 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rooms at Shangri La Tanjung Aru

We loved the STAR and looked into staying in the club rooms but glad we did'nt, instead of staying inside the hotel for free drinks and nibbles go down to the sunset bar 5-8 (half price) and watch the amazing sunsets!!

Kota Kinabalu
Destination Expert
for Sabah
Level Contributor
2,264 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rooms at Shangri La Tanjung Aru

Hi!

I agree with friend58,the sunset from Sunset Bar is amazing!

Nickie

6. Re: Rooms at Shangri La Tanjung Aru

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2012, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Kota Kinabalu
Recent Conversations