We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tailors in KK

Perth, Australia
7 posts
Save Topic
Tailors in KK

Hi,

I'll be in KK for 5 days in November and was hoping to get a couple of suits and 8 business shirts made.

Can anyone recommend at tailor?

Thanks

Kota Kinabalu
Destination Expert
for Sabah
Level Contributor
2,271 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tailors in KK

Hi JamieNic,

Visit Wisma Merdeka, there are a number of good tailors around. I am not sure whether they could complete a couple of suits in 5 days,anyway you could check with them.

Nickie

Perth
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Tailors in KK

Hi Nickie,

What is the quality like and do you have any approximate prices for mens business suits?

Grant

Kota Kinabalu
Destination Expert
for Sabah
Level Contributor
2,271 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tailors in KK

Hi Grant,

I will check with my dad,will post it up soon.

Nickie

Kota Kinabalu
Destination Expert
for Sabah
Level Contributor
2,271 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tailors in KK

Hi Grant,

Check out Summermen Tailor at Wawasan Plaza. It is one of the finest tailor in town,they actually tailor business suits for the Ministers of Sabah.

For an average suit,its about RM2500. If you are looking for something better,they have a range of prices from RM2500-8000. Depends very much in the materials choosen.

Nickie

Perth
8 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Tailors in KK

Thanks Nickie,

Just checking - RM 2500 or RM 250?.

RM2500 is around $800 Australian Dollars?????/

Kota Kinabalu
Destination Expert
for Sabah
Level Contributor
2,271 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tailors in KK

Hi Grant,

Its RM2500,yes thats about AUD800,includes materials & workmanship. If you are looking for something more affordable,check out the tailors at Wisma Merdeka.

Nickie

Perth
8 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Tailors in KK

Thanks for the quick reply.

Looking forward to visiting KK in Oct.

Any idea what the average is for a more affordable suit is at Wisma Merdeka? Think I have been spoilt with cheap but good quality suits in Koh Samui.

Kota Kinabalu
Destination Expert
for Sabah
Level Contributor
2,271 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tailors in KK

Hi Grant,

I believe it is much cheaper in Koh Samui.

The tailors at Wisma Merdeka id charging about RM1000++ a suit.

Nickie

Broadstairs, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tailors in KK

Inflation - cost us $600 ringits for a suit thats still going strong back in 2007! Singapore prices a total rip off now but 4000 ringits are twice singapore prices. Can get an excellent quality made for measure for 2000 in UK ... silly times :(

10. Re: Tailors in KK

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 July 2013, 05:45