We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 weeks in sabah

Which Kota Kinabalu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Adelaide, Australia
2 posts
Save Topic
3 weeks in sabah

I am staying at langkah syabas beach resort for 3 weeks. havent been to malaysia or sabah before but been to bali plent of times. a bit worried now that 3 weeks may be too long. i am a female sole traveller. any advice on the best/cheapest ways to get around eat, drink doing tours etc.

Wangaratta...
Destination Expert
for Kota Kinabalu, Wangaratta, Sandakan
Level Contributor
7,898 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 weeks in sabah

Welcome to Trip Advisor.

Have a look at top questions on the riht hand side of the page and Travel Guide and things to do on the left of the page. Lots of information there.

Lankan Syabas is near Kinurat and a bout 1/2 to 1 hr drive from Kota Kinabalu, depending on traffic. Not a place I would like to spend 3 weeks. Taxi cost to and from the Airport and in Kota Kinabalu can add up. The is public transpot to and from Kinurat but I don't know about its reliability but cost would be cheap as is most public transpot in Sabah.

I would suggest the best way to get around would be a hire car. Try Kinabulu Car renatl of Mountain Rent a cars.

For tour Companies see sabahtourism.com/sabah-malaysian-borneo/en/.

If you have further questions please ask.

Malaysia
Level Contributor
9,259 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 weeks in sabah

Hi

goto this official tourism site for more info

sabahtourism.com/sabah-malaysian-borneo/…

Cheers

Kota Kinabalu
Destination Expert
for Sabah
Level Contributor
2,244 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 3 weeks in sabah

Hi,

I am with bigw,it is not recommended to stay at Langkah Syabas Resort for the whole 3 weeks. The resort is pretty far away from town,refer to bigw's reply.

Maybe you could split your holiday,maybe a week at Langkah Syabas & the remaining time in town. You can choose to stay at a backpacker for about RM25 a night or a 2 stars hotel for about RM130 a night.

Nickie

Kota Kinabalu...
Level Contributor
65 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: 3 weeks in sabah

spending whole 3 weeks at langkah syabas is too much.. unless u stay near the city center, transportation can be a pain.. perhaps renting a car and visit all the tourist attractions around kk or sabah? you can try rent a car online at http://kinabalucarrental.com ... or perhaps contact the tour companies and see what they have to offer..

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
640 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 3 weeks in sabah

If you've already booked your hotel, I would suggest you to rent a car, as others have suggested. I found that it's not cheap to hire a taxi in Sabah. A couple of taxi rides a day to/from your hotel can quickly add up.

We stayed in KK and still ended up renting a car to explore around.

6. Re: 3 weeks in sabah

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2012, 11:16
Get answers to your questions about Kota Kinabalu