We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kota Kinabalu in June / July

Bristol, Rhode...
14 posts
Save Topic
Kota Kinabalu in June / July

Can anyone tell me if it is likely to be cloudy during June and July in KK? I realise there will be rainy days due to the season but from people's experience is it generally overcast at this time of year, or can I expect to see a lot of sushine? Any help would be much appreciated, thanks

Wangaratta...
Destination Expert
for Kota Kinabalu, Wangaratta, Sandakan
Level Contributor
8,336 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kota Kinabalu in June / July

It may or may not be cloudy during the day but that will not affect the the heat. The weather does not vary a lot during the year due to various climatic and geographic conditions. Generally it is hot(around 30 -34C), humid with a storm late afternoon or evening.

Read this link as it includes good advice on how to handle climatic conditions and other useful information.

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g298307-c88609/Kota-K…

Bristol, Rhode...
14 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Kota Kinabalu in June / July

Thanks for your response, it was more the amount of sunshine I would like to know about, not so much the heat - do you think I would be likely to still see a lot of sun at this time of year there? Thanks again for your help

Wangaratta...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8,336 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kota Kinabalu in June / July

What I mean is that the amount of sun you will see varies little according to the time of year. You may or may not see a lot or very little sun on individual days but you will certainly see a fair bit some days., It is very hard to predict.

Bristol, Rhode...
14 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Kota Kinabalu in June / July

OK nice one, thanks!

Kota Kinabalu
Destination Expert
for Sabah
Level Contributor
2,277 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kota Kinabalu in June / July

Hi,

Just an update on KK's weather,its almost end of May now & its very sunny and hot. Not much rain fall. Its pretty dry season.

Nickie

Bristol, Rhode...
14 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Kota Kinabalu in June / July

Great, thanks so much - one more question, do you know if malaria tablets are needed if visiting Mount Kinabalu?

Mentioned in this post
Mount Kinabalu
Mount Kinabalu
1,356 Reviews
Sabah, Malaysia
Wangaratta...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8,336 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kota Kinabalu in June / July

You should not ask for advice on medications from unqualified people. They do not know your medication or medical history. See your medical practitioner.

8. Re: Kota Kinabalu in June / July

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 10:15