We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Island open for public in Monday?

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
72 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Island open for public in Monday?

Im in KK right now, in planning visit island on monday since tomolo must alot of ppl.

Is that those island open for public?

Any recomended island to go?

I'm solo traveller, n I dunno swim.

What i can do in island? \

I planned to go Labuan tomolo, wher to get the ferry?

How much is cost? and wher to buy duty free stuff like chocolate?

Need advise alot..

Thanks in advance for all advices.

Regards

Ev

Kota Kinabalu
Destination Expert
for Sabah
Level Contributor
2,277 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Island open for public in Monday?

Hi,

If you are referring to TARP islands, yes, it is opened for public, except for Suluk is which not accessible.

Different islands has its different charm, you can choose between Manukan/Sapi/Mamutik. Just go to Jesselton Point Jetty and you could find boat operators that offers varies packages.

Jesselton Point is also the jetty that offers ferry service to Labuan, it takes about 3 hours and ferry fare is about RM35-40 one way.

You can get duty free stuff in any shops in Labuan. As it is a duty free island.

Nickie

Mentioned in this post
Jesselton Point
Jesselton Point
281 Reviews
Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
72 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Island open for public in Monday?

Dear Sabah girl,

Thx for your information.

By the way , Can I day trip in Labuan as my main issue is to buy some duty free stuff and walk walk only?

Regards

Eva ..

Kota Kinabalu
Destination Expert
for Sabah
Level Contributor
2,277 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Island open for public in Monday?

Yes you can. Take the earliest ferry from KK,last checked it departs around 8pm.You should be able to reach Labuan by 11am. The ferry from Labuan-Kota Kinabalu should depart around 1pm.

Not sure id the schedule remain unchanged.

You can check it with the ticket booth in Jesselton Point Jetty.

Nickie

4. Re: Island open for public in Monday?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 18:15
Get answers to your questions about Kota Kinabalu